1.24.2007

New Blogger and Jewish Thoughts

I finally switched to New Blogger. I was scared to do it but when I saw that my awesome blogger friend Kristen did it, I knew it would be okay. I also have been hounding Alan for weeks to hook me up with a free background but I learned that I need to back up all my work in case something goes wrong. Do you know how many posts I have written? 126! How much time will that take up? Am I just being lazy or is there an easier way? Has anyone backed up their work and if so, how?

Anyways, I really didn't post much around Christmas time so I need to catch up. One thing that has been driving me crazy is Kylie's constant questioning about being Jewish. Over Christmas, she wanted to know why we weren't celebrating Hannakah.

Me: "Well honey, it's because we are not Jewish."
Kylie: "Why aren't we Jewish?"
Me: "We are Christians. Jacob across the street and his family are Jewish, though."
Kylie: "So do we wear Christian clothes and Jacob wears Jewish clothes?" "Is Kaylee Jewish?" "What about Riley?" "Can I be Jewish when I grow up?"

After some long explaining, she finally knows that we are not Jewish and will probably never be. I told her that she could ask our neighbor all about the traditions but she settled on watching "Blues First Holiday" where she could gather more insight on different faiths.

In other Kylie news, she is really excited about getting to go to Kindergarten. She really wants to be at the same school as Riley and "have lots of girls in my class." Also, we signed her up for soccer again. It's funny because we signed her up last fall so that she could get some social interaction. Well, all she did was talk and play with her teammates. Not much kicking the ball or aggressiveness going on there. We are anxious to see if she is interested in the game as much as the friends this time.

Have a nice Wednesday. When is Lost starting again???

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Okay, the jewish conversation made me smile and laugh out loud! I hope Blue's First Holiday cleared some things up!!! BTW, my lil boy is absolutely obsessed twith Blue's Clues right now. He makes us call him Steve and he calls our dog Murray, Blue now. He calls Olivia Magenta! He takes over her little chair as his thinking chair and has to have a handy dandy notebook with him at all times! The little fruit!

Stephanie said...

Sweet Kylie! What a smart girl to question the Jewish faith and traditions already!! :) Trin hasn't asked about being Jewish. She's so oblivious to those things. She has probably never heard the word. She is just obsessed with her birthday party right now. Of course, her birthday is about 6 weeks away!

Good luck with soccer... GO KYLIE!! It's so good for her!

Anonymous said...

Oy Vey! What a little pisher this one is.

- Gary

Anonymous said...

Just a passerby, but my 6-year-old also wanted to know why we don't celebrate Hanukkah and why we can't just be Jewish. I'm taking comfort knowing that she won't be alone in this world with her thoughts that are way too advanced for her age!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....