So, beginning at the first of January we decided to have one lunch date a week. Nothing fancy, just sitting down, sharing a meal, and gabbing about the future. Sounds great, right?
Well, the first week I had to go to Fayetteville to run some errands. I was supposed to be back at 11:30 for our spectacular lunch date. Fayetteville is roughly 20 minutes away but I left at 11:00- right on time, anxious to meet Alan.....alone. I got on the highway, called a friend, gabbed for a little while, and then I realized that I was in some heavy mountains. The next thing I know, I am about to go through the tunnel which is an hour away from our house. I was heading straight for Fort Smith/Little Rock and I should have been going the other way. When I realized that I had gone the wrong way, I called Alan in tears and told him that there was no way that I could make our date. He had just walked into the restaurant and I was a whole hour away!! Not only that, but there is really no place to turn around in that mountainous part of the world. I ended up turning around in an "Authorized Vehicles Only" ditch in the middle of the highway. I was lucky that I didn't get a ticket on top of all of the mess.
Last week we had lots of lunch dates.......with the kids....with no power.....with chaos......at home. There was still some fun about being able to stay at home together while we were iced in but four days was a little too much for everyone. We all got a case of the cabin fever!
Yesterday, I had an eye appointment so Alan and I agreed to make that our lunch date day since I would be out and about anyway. After my appointment, I picked him up and we went to have a lovely lunch at PF Changs. We shared a dish and had some yummy blackberry tea. We talked about plans and our future and had a wonderful date! I was smiling from ear to ear. I guess that's about when I walked into the glass door and got a mild concussion. It was one of those revolving doors and I jumped into the space with Alan not thinking. Then I got claustrophobic and tried to push my way out too soon. I pushed myself right into the glass door before the door revolved all the way around. I think Alan was out by that time. It hurt- BAD!
I became a little woozy but never passed out. I felt groggy the rest of the day had a terrible headache and was nauseous on and off. I didn't have a knot on my head, but that spot is really tender to the touch. I can only imagine what it looked like to see someone walk or push themselves into a glass door. Good thing I was leaving at the time!
Today I still have a headache but I'm not as spaced out as I was yesterday. I survived the night so I am pretty sure I am okay, but will be cautious the next time I visit Mr. Chang. I also cannot wait to see what our next date has in store for us. Stay tuned!
8 comments:
oh, traci! bless your heart!
i hope your february dates go better!! :)
Oh, I am SO sorry all that happened! I'm glad you are feeling better now.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE dates with Derek. We don't get them near enough though! :(
OH, Trace, I'm sorry but I am LOL right now b/c I can totally picture the whole scene in my head! Wade and I are offering our sitting assistance for a date out for you guys .... how does this weekend sound???
Hello Traci! I'm not a complete stranger, I'm Stephanie O's sis in law. I live in MO not far from the state line. About 45min to an hour from where I think y'all are. If you ever need someone to help out with kids I'd be happy to help you.
I completely understand the "tunnel" drive. It just so happens it is not on my way home either, but that doesn't mean I haven't visited it myself!!! I must say I turned in the same area as you...of course it was something like 10-14 miles before that was even an option. Sorry for barging in on your blog. If you need my contact info Steph can give it to ya. Welcome to AR!
Jennifer (Ownby) Davidson
I can totally relate to not having family around to help with the children....most of our live 12 hours away. I hope you guys get to have more and more dates in the future without the concussion!! Take care and get better..Kimberly misses Kylie!!
Hahaha!!! Did you leave a lipstick print on the glass door?
Hope it works out better next time! Sorry bout the mishaps. Maybe Valentines will hold something special?! I just caught up a bit, your superbowl dishes looked SO yummy! You are awesome! I will have to check out that website.
That would TOTALLY happen to me!!! Can't wait to hear about February's lunchdate!!!
Post a Comment