2.20.2009

New Recipe That We Are Lovin'


I happened upon a new recipe online, cause that's where I spend all my time, and Alan and I just can't get enough of it! Yes, I said Alan and I because Kylie likes plain pasta- NOTHING on it, and Riles just doesn't get anywhere near anything that you eat with a fork or spoon. 

So, this pasta dish is all that. I have been known to lick the bowl, it's so good. And it is super-easy and doesn't take long to fix at all. I found it on the Barilla web site and I'm going to post the recipe and the link below. Let me know if you like it as much as we do or if we just have weird taste buds!

I have some tips, though. First one is if you don't like spicy, watch the red pepper intake. It can get really spicy the more you put in it. Also, Alan and I really love cilantro, so we substitute that for the parsley and it just makes it POP! One last thing, one time I forgot to use some water from the boiling pasta and I think we liked it better without the water. So don't freak out if you forget and I wouldn't add any water at all. Other than that, make it tonight!!


PLUS™ Thin Spaghetti with Garlic, Red Pepper and Olive Oil (Spaghettini PLUS™ con Aglio Olio e Pepperoncino)

Ease of preparation: easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
Servings: 7-9

Ingredients
1 box PLUS™ Thin Spaghetti
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup Parmigiano cheese, freshly grated
1/3 cup parsley, chopped


BRING a large pot of water to a boil.
HEAT olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
COOK pasta according to package directions.
DRAIN pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Immediately add hot pasta to skillet. Stir in reserved pasta cooking water. Mix well.
ADD cheese and parsley; toss lightly. Transfer to a serving platter or bowl

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yummy! That sounds de-lish! I'm gonna make that one soon. I love pasta!! The only problem is that I love it too much!! My favorite pasta dish is this: boil the spaghetti noodles. Meanwhile, brown some chopped up bacon, mushrooms and green onions in some butter or olive oil. Toss into the noodles and add parmesan and salt to taste. Amy and I love it and could eat it every day!!

I miss you girl!

Leigh Ann said...

YUM! That is right up my alley. That is a definite one I'm going to try!

Amber Knauss said...

I think I'm going to try this recipe tonight! Thanks for the info!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....