2.16.2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a great Valentine's Day 'round here. I made friends with the Homeroom Mom in Kylie's class, Allison, and we planned quite a fun little party for her class together. I must say that I have missed going shopping during the week with friends. This has been the first year that both kids are in school and I can do more things during the week...I just have had no friends here, until now. Allison is really funny and bold and she also has a 6 week old little girl so I get my baby fix!!

Anyways, so Kylie comes home on Wednesday and tells me that she wants a certain type of shirt for Valentines Day. It had to be exactly this kind that she drew for me because she just couldn't live without it! That gave me Thursday to find it and I only had a couple of hours in between working and appointments that I had made. So, I headed to Target with her picture in hand and guess what- no long-sleeve VDay shirts. So, I got a short sleeved one that said 'LOVE' on it just like her picture. You should have seen her sad face when she saw it that afternoon. I even got a cute skirt to go with it! I guess Nana saved the day because the shirt she sent her just happened to come in the mail that afternoon and Kylie liked it better than the one that I picked out.


Here she is with her homemade Valentine box!

Both of the kids' parties were at the same time so I mainly stayed in Kylie's room because I was in charge of one of the crafts. I did stop by Riley's party but they were pretty much done- so, no pics of him.


We spent all day Saturday together playing Mario Cart and having fun together as a family. That night we had take-out from Fish City Grill and it was yum! Then Alan and I were supposed to watch FireProof which my parents had sent us but the night kinda got away from us. I think we actually had more fun with the kids than at some swanky restaurant without them. At least that's what I am telling myself! :)



Oh yeah, I made these special pancakes for Kylie. She LOVED them!
It was a fun VDay!

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....