7.24.2009

Christmas Eve in July

Tomorrow, my friend Maggie is hosting a Christmas in July blog party. Click on the link to the right for more details. I can't wait to blog hop to all the bloggers who are participating in the fun. I am hoping to get a lot of Christmas ideas, recipes, and just hear about traditions in general. Usually on Christmas Eve we are partying with family and then when everyone leaves, we will watch a Christmas movie. Here are my top five Christmas movies.

5. A Christmas Story
My family goes crazy for this movie. I can just hear my dad laughing out loud at this scene! I also love how it comes on 24/7 on Christmas Day. There are so many good parts it was hard to choose. But I picked the famous tongue-stick scene. Enjoy!




4. While You Were Sleeping
It is too a Christmas movie!! Everything happens during Christmas! This is really on my top 5 of any old movie, too. I love Sandra Bullock and I love this movie!




3. Elf
I heart Buddy the Elf! Who gets this excited? Nobody anymore, I tell ya! I love his enthusiasm over Christmas and Santa. I also love how his boss thinks he's crazy!




2. The Family Stone
This is a newer movie and it's up high on my list because I haven't seen it 500 times and I really enjoy watching it. I love how dysfunctional this family is! They have so many problems yet in the end they show each other the love that was always there. I adore the sister, Amy, yet hope I have never treated any of my brother's girlfriends the way that she does. eek!




1. Miracle on 34th Street
This has always been my favorite Christmas movie. I only watch it on Christmas and I think that I enjoy it more every year. Kylie likes the newer version and it's okay but nothing can take the place of the old Miracle on 34th Street with Natalie Wood!



I still have Christmas in Connecticut on my list of movies to watch for the first time. My mom begs me every Christmas to watch it with her and I always fall asleep in the first 30 minutes. I just know that I will love it if I ever find the perfect moment to sit down and give in.

Merry Christmas Eve in July. I just can't wait until tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Maggi said...

What a great list! I love Elf so much and thank you for picking the original Miracle on 34th Street! lol

See you tomorrow!

Ho ho ho!

The Wallace Family said...

Love it! Too cute!! Trying to make a post for Christmas in July:)

HiHo said...

3 out of 5 pretty good!I think I must be the only blogger who has never seen A Christmas Story? Looking forward to tomorrow. Heidi

Pearl Maple said...

Lovely Chritmas party post full of lots of fun giggles and things I miss about Christmas in the northern half of the globe. Thanks for sharing with us all.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....