7.29.2009

{Gettin' Ready}



We are gettin' ready for school to start round here! Today, Riley rode horses and then he will have speech later on. During that time, Kylie and I will go to Walmart to get her school supplies. She always loves getting school supplies and looks forward to going. Only this time she asked, "When are we going to go to Target and get my school supplies?" Oh, how times change.

We found out who her 2nd grade teacher is going to be and she is "kinda ready" to start school on Monday. No more sleeping in until 10. You heard me right. She is a night owl and a morning crab.

Yesterday I met Meemaw and Peepaw half-way to get the kids. They were kind enough to keep them for a couple of days while I had some business to attend to here. Riley did great at Meemaw and Peepaw's house. Kylie......well, let's just say that while I was getting my hair cut and colored, she tried to call me 6 times. It was on vibrate and I kept seeing it flash. I finally answered and told her that I would call her back later and to have a great time shopping. Can you say just a little clingy? Her response, "I'm just not like other 8 year olds. I really miss you!" I guess when she is a teenager and wants nothing more to do with me, I can look at this post and remember how sweet she once was!

I took pics with my phone of the tunnel that the kids LOVE to go through and the beautiful scenery up here. It was a really nice drive and I was so thankful to get a day or two off to do some much needed chores!



4 comments:

courtney said...

when do y'all start school?

how sweet that kylie missed you! landry would never do that!

um, i want one of those chairs kylie is sitting in. surely, it would make me look about 20 lbs thinner!! ;)

Traci said...

Monday. It's a year-round school! woo-hoo!!

The Wallace Family said...

Can't believe it's already that time to start back to school! We have one of those tunnels here in Louisville and I use to love going through when I was little lol! Now she is my kind of girl TARGET is the best:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes Traci and once again for the awesome blog design... Good Luck with your new adventures.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....