7.15.2009

Roller and Family Birthday for Kylie!





Last Saturday, Kylie invited about 11 little girls to her 8th birthday party at the skating rink in town. It's really hard to plan a summer birthday with friends that you haven't seen in a month and moms that don't rsvp!! But, everyone showed up minus one who was supposed to come late but must have gotten sick or something. I still haven't heard......





Kylie was so excited about this day and made sure to give Alan last minute do's and don'ts so as not to embarrass her in front of her friends. We had both sets of grandparents attending and a surprise visit from Uncle Choia and Megan, who are looking for a place to live since they will be moving up here! YEA!! Aunt Melba came and brought Kylie's 3 cousins. One is 13 and she was so sweet to take some of the girls around the rink. We were all so impressed with her.





Kylie had fun but not quite as much as she did at another girl's birthday party at the skating rink in May. I think it was because she knew all eyes were on her and she hadn't perfected her skating yet. Ya know, she has to do something perfect before she will venture out and do it in front of just anyone! Ah, the joys of parenting.



But when her cousins got out there and helped her, she had a great time. She was very gracious while opening her presents and was excited about her HSM 3 cake. She also got REAL excited about some credit cards that she got- we call them gift certificates- and even squealed when Jenna and Jaydon gave her "real" money. Then Alan and I got out there and showed our old-people moves on the floor. I am surprised that no one took a picture of me doing a triple axle out there!









Then we had grandparents gifts and pizza that night. The next day, Sunday, she got NO gifts. And don't think we didn't hear about it, either! Alan and I made her wait until her birthday on Monday and gave her gifts during Alan's lunch break.







Kylie got lots of gifts and today we went to Walmart with one of her "credit cards." She is really into Barbie of the year dolls and was ready to purchase the 2009 Barbie. When she saw that it was $40, she mentioned that she didn't want to "waste" her money on it. We happened to spot the 50th Anniversary Barbie and it was only $25. She said, "I think I can get this one and just call it the 2009 Barbie." I explained that Barbie is 50 years old and tonight when she showed Alan she said, "She sure doesn't look 50, does she?"

After Kylie realized that she was using $25 of her credit card, she didn't want to waste money on anything else. I am wondering if this little frugal gal of mine can give Alan and I a few tips on wasting money. She has really been cracking me up lately.





Riley got a present too! This is something that my Nanny and Paw Paw did when I was little. Since both of my brother's birthday's are one day apart, we would always celebrate their birthdays together- kinda like twins. Well, my grandparents never wanted me to feel left out, so they would give me a present too. It's a neat tradition that I am glad my parents are still holding onto. The only one that has ever had a problem with it is little miss you know who! J.e.a.l.o.u.s!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom always sends a present for the sibling when she sends presents to Sam/Ethan. She is so thoughtful that way. Guess it really makes an impact! Glad your family continues the tradition...
Love you guys!!
Katina

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....