3.12.2011

Let's Eat Pizza!

Last night Alan and I were talking about what we were going to eat for dinner and Riley came up to me and said, "Let's eat pizza!" What? Are you kidding me? This is one of the first sentences (unprompted) that he has said that actually applies to what we were talking about. So you know what? We ate pizza!


Then he drew this little gem for us and we have no idea where he learned it. Internet? School? He told us exactly what it was. 1/8, 1,/4, 1/2 of the pizza.


He has also decorated our house with pictures of the alphabet, shapes, numbers to 100, and icons of computer games that he plays. Alan and I were lucky enough to have this picture taped to our bedroom wall. He comes up to me and asks for "four tapes" and I get 4 little strips of tape and put them on his fingers. I started counting in Spanish and now he can count to 5 in Spanish. It's SO cute! We are having so much fun with him lately!


He's also been studying up for our trip in 34 days!!



3 comments:

Natalie said...

Aw, so precious!

Erica said...

This post seriously made me have tears of joy. I am so proud of that sweet boy and how far he has come with such amazing parents supporting him. I am blessed by Riley and the rest of your precious family even from afar. I love you and am so lucky to have you as a lifelong friend.

Kristen said...

He has excellent handwriting too! What a smart boy! Love to hear that he's using spontaneous language like that - he's come so far!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....