12.14.2005
Feed the World and Other Christmas Memories
Last night as I was walking through Walmart, I felt like a rat in a maze. Have you ever been to Walmart after 10pm? Well, the "workers" start loading all these boxes through the aisles totally blocking where you want to go and you end up walking about a mile to get where you need to go. Now I appreciate the job that they are doing, they have to get it done sometime and inventory goes so quickly that there really is a NEED for restocking, but COME ON!!! I saw no happy, jolly faces and was being constantly rerouted with not even a smile or a "sorry!" Not to mention that it was raining and the three lines they had working were seventeen people long!! By the time I got out of there, around midnight, I was so NOT in the Christmas spirit until I turned on the radio and caught a little flashback circa 1984! Feed the World by Band Aid was the HOT song on MTV around Christmastime and I was in love with Simon LeBon of Duran, Duran! WOW! What a memory. I must have watched that video a million times and wondered what it would be like to marry him! What was I thinking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
5 comments:
i loved that song, too. and a little bit of hardin trivia: "do they know it's christmas" was the first song i heard on my very first stereo that i got for christmas when i was a young'n. those people may have been starving, but i was listening to a song about it on my new stereo. how's that for irony? sad... very sad... thanks for bringing up bad memories.
I still love that song! I am still a bit angered/bitter that they never asked Cyndi to sing on that song. She was rockin' on "We are the World", I mean, COME ON!!!!!!!
True that! Did you see Cyndi and Sarah McGlaughlin sing "Time After Time" on the Billboard Awards the other week? Talk about rockin'!!!
i saw it and almost cancelled my satellite subscription. talk about awful. that cyndi needs to give it up.
Hmmm....I don't see any top tens from anyone on this blog. Let's see, we shall start with Cyndi having 5 Top Ten Songs off the first album. Three off the second album. Then third album released "I drove all night" hitting number 3.
Then, let's see.....ummm...Oh yeah the fourth album had 3 hits....Album 5 had two hits. Album 6 went Gold. Album 7 is in the top 50.
Any other stats, Jeff?
Traci, yes....she was rockin'! Loved it! :)
Post a Comment