12.21.2005

Christmas Likes

I should be wrapping presents, packing for our Christmas trip, baking for friends and family, etc. but I just can't stop blogging and reading random peoples' blogs as well. What is it about these blogs? They are so addicting. I have always been told to keep a journal and could never do it so I think that this is the best thing. It's also very theraputic.

Okay, so I have seen this little questionare done by many and I thought that I would copy. So, here goes.....


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with whipped cream on top!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa has never wrapped presents at our house. He assembles them and leaves them out in our spot in the living room with our stockings nearby.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree and Colored on the house! This is the first year for colored lights and it is only because Kylie requested them!! We got little globe lights that are so cute and colorful. I remember that my Dad used to put those 1970's colored lights on the house and I hated them! He wised up last Christmas and their house looks beautiful in white lights. Kylie likes ours better, though!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have :(

5. When do you put your decorations up? Pretty much the week of Thanksgiving. Before if we are in town for Thanksgiving and after if we are in Arkansas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My fave is my mom's twice baked potatoes. She ALWAYS makes time to make these and they are delish!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When I got a Karoyke Machine from Santa! My parents got it off of QVC and it didn't work. Then my Dad had to take it to a shop to get it fixed and it ended up costing more than the machine itself! I had that puppy by New Years, though!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I learned when I was pretty young but I kept it to myself. I didn't want to dissapoint my parents and I also wanted the gifts!! My Dad dressed up like Santa one year and I totally knew it was him because he was wearing his wedding ring. I did call him out on it, too!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Only gifts from aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. I remember if my mom got me a sweet Christmas nightgown, she would let me open it on the EVE. I think I will do that for Kylie, too.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Whatever we have left. Mom's homemade cookies are usually all gone!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but Alan won't go with me because of some dreaded rollerblade fall that happened to him in the 90's. Grow up, AL!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I have had so many favorite gifts! Alan surprised me with diamond earrings and that was NICE! I love talking to my mom about my Chanel #5, though. She had always wanted some and then my grandparents gave me some when I was about eight!! Talk about inappropriate gifts! She was steaming mad!!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and seeing the look on my kids' faces when they are excited!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Got to be the iced Christmas cookies that mom makes. OOhh, OR Nancy's zucchini bread. That is yummo!

16. What tops your tree? A star for Kylie!

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Giving and then receiving!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

20. Candy Canes -- Yuck or Yum? I like the Jolly Rancher candy canes!

4 comments:

Jeff said...

loved the list! that's funny about the chanel no. 5. i didn't remember that. but then again, i was only 5.

heres my list:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? no question - definitely egg nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? he usually doesn't wrap the coal in my stocking

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored lights are just tacky now aren't they?

4. Do you hang mistletoe? no, i just snap my finger like the fonz

5. When do you put your decorations up? at the first sign of winter weather (69 degrees)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? are sweet potatos considered a dessert or a vegetable?

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? when it actually snowed - well it iced over - on christmas day and we went out to play with our toys and were sliding around on the icy driveway.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? when i was 8 or 9 and over at cousin justin's house and jamie reed spilled the beans to both of us about santa. justin acted like he already knew, but i could see the tears in his eyes. i defended santa til the bitter end, but justin and jamie pretty much won the argument.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? sure, why not?

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? santa doesn't need any more cookies

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? never see it

12. Can you ice skate? yeah, but i wish i could do one of those cool hockey stops where you're going full speed, then you turn and stop abruptly and spray ice all over the poor schmo who's standing in front of you.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? my very first stereo for my room, equipped with fm tuner, cassette deck, and turntable (which would eventually play the likes of prince's "purple rain" and debarge's "rhythm of the night" albums)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? family, food, and fun

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? reeses peanut butter cups from the bottom of my stocking

16. What tops your tree? a big red star

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? definitely receiving. giving is too stressful: "did i get the right gift? do they already have one of these? maybe they need an extra can of mixed nuts"

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? have a holly jolly christmas

20. Candy Canes -- Yuck or Yum? yuck! taste like toothpaste

Traci said...

You are too funny!! I remember when it iced! Wasn't that on White Circle? Does Kyri like it when you snap your fingers? Remember Dad's 70's colored lights??? UGH!!! I already miss y'all and it's not even Christmas Eve yet!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the blog being like a journal. I have started too many journals to count and my record time is 1 week. Andrew is wonderful (I may be a little biased...)and such a blessing! I am not at home right now and on a very slow computer but I look forward to reading your blog when I am home. It is really funny and odd...this blog thing I mean...but seems like a neat way to confirm that you are not crazy! :) Or, that maybe you (meaning me)are! When were you an RA in Patti Cobb? I lived there one year and loved it.

Alyssa said...

I love that you got a Karaoke machine one year!!! How fun!!! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....