


We enjoyed a night out with Alan's college friends and their wives and even got to see King Kong. I also got to have lunch and go shopping with my sweet friend, April. We had the most fun playing Rummikub, though. When we got back, we dropped the kids off at Nana and Poppy's house and turned our study into a playroom for the kids. That took a lot of time and we are just now getting the house back in order. Alan and I are both exhausted and feel that we are recovering from the flu!
Alan went back to work today and I am STILL picking up the house. Riley had therapy this morning and is doing so much better than this summer. We have seen some improvements, although slow, and are thankful that he responds to us and is now showing Kylie some interest by dancing and laughing with her. We stop everything we are doing and cater to him everytime we hear a word being used in context or when he shows interest in something that we are doing. He has been saying "thank you" and calling "Daddy" when looking for Alan. The other morning he told me, "thirsty" as clear as a bell. I jumped up out of bed and gave him his milk/juice! Our next step is to visit a Developmental Pediatrician so please keep us in your prayers.
As for New Year's Resolutions:
1. Trade Coke for a Diet Coke
2. Be able to run the whole 3.1 miles in our next 5k
3. Keep working out and TRY to look better
4. Keep reading The Message and immerse myself in God's Word
5. Listen to others more
6. Be a more patient Mommy
7. Have people over for dinner (Socialize!!)
8. Get all of our thank you notes written
9. Spend more time with family
10. Organize my life!!!!
I am sad about 2005 ending but can't wait to see new t.v. shows in 2006! How sad!!! I'm looking forward to Lost, Grey's Anatomy, and my favorite... The Office! I can't get enough of that show! Since Alan has reign over the t.v. now, I don't get to watch MTV as much but I guess that I will get over it. This blog is so long that Riles fell asleep while I was doing it! Too cute!
3 comments:
Glad you made it back to Sachse in one piece. I am sure the kids are enjoying the playroom and maybe you can have some of your bedroom back now. Ha, Ha. I miss you and look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Give Kylie and Riley a hug for me. Love you guys!
Awwww, what a cute picture of sleeping Riley! I'm so glad you had a great trip and a great Christmas. We are joining you in the playroom workout. It's killing us to clean everything out!! But, aren't you glad we're off school to get it done?!
See you soon!! I loved reading all about your holidays!
I feel special that I was included in your Blog! I had a great time being with you also. We need to do that everytime you come to Arkansas. Love ya!
Post a Comment