1.19.2006

Penguin Fever



This week at Sunshine School, the 4's talked about penguins. Kylie had a blast learning about these birds and here are some things that she can tell you about them.

1. Penguins are birds
2. They cannot fly
3. They model.....(waddle)
4. They live in Antarctica
5. They don't play with Polar Bears
6. The daddies keep the penguin eggs on their feet....(I think it's amazing that there is a species where the male actually has some kind of responsibility with the child!!) he-he
7. The big ones are Emperor Penguins and the small ones are Blue Fairies
8. She can also show us where Antarctica and the Arctic Circle are on her new globe from Meemaw and Peepaw!

To top off the week, she drew a picture at home for Daddy. I am so amazed at how far she is coming along in school. Of course, her teacher is REALLY great and so patient with her. Thank you, Tracey!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I will be enjoying The Office tonight, Riley has therapy in the morning, and Alan and I are going to a 5k Saturday morning. We will need all the luck we can get, thank you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so proud of Kylie!
She is a very bright and amazing little girl.
She has definitly found her place in our classroom. She told one of the boys today to move over she wanted to play with the center tub too! And he moved quickly!!!
Go Kylie!
Traci- Thanks for the compliment but it is easy to teach fun, sweet, bright kidos!
Tracey

Anonymous said...

She needs to see March of the Penguins! It's a fantastic movie and my kids loved it! I love her drawing! Thank you for your hard work at Sunshine School! You've been fantastic!

Erica said...

What a great little artist you have there! You go Kylie! She is such a sweet and smart little girl. I miss her. Please tell her how proud we are of how well she is doing. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Kylie !! "The March of the Penguins" movie is really good if you haven't seen it yet. I miss seeing both of you at school. Tell everyone Hi for me =)

Holly

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Be sure and tell Kylie that Aunt Essie got to meet a penguin last Saturday! Her name is Jackie and she's from the Fort Worth Zoo. She came in for our Young Professional Black & White Ball, which benefited the Penguin Project at the Little Rock Zoo. I have a picture with Jackie the Penguin. How funny!! Give Kyles and Riles sugars for me!!!!! Miss you all.

courtney said...

Love the drawing and what great handwriting she has!! I love how she says they "model"! Too cute!

mcjacobsjournal said...

She DREW that??? I'm so incredibly impressed! (I really don't think I could draw a penguin if I tried!) Kylie is such a smart little girl, and it is so neat to watch all of our efforts at Sunshine School pay off, isn't it? These kiddos are learning so much...

She was precious in chapel yesterday. My heart was breaking as she tried to get her costume fixed. I'm so glad Kristen came to her rescue.

You sure have a sweet one! She is so precious.

hollyfouts said...

WOW! All I can think is what a big difference there is in that and my class--the youngest 2's. It's really amazing how much they learn in such a short time.
Kylie was so cute in chapel on Thurs. And that really is one fantastic penguin!

Alyssa said...

What a great picture! I am with Chelsea... I don't think that I could have drawn a penguin like that! She is such a sweet little girl- and I love that she thinks Penguins like to model :)

Kristen OQ said...

I am impressed with her picture AND her knowledge of penguins. I think I learned a thing or two from her list!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....