1.24.2006

Crappy Day

We have had a couple of crappy days around here. Kylie got sick on the way to school yesterday and Riles got sick in his bed today. Alan and I are crossing our fingers on this one. The kids have slept alot though, so it gave me the perfect opportunity to finish Oprah's Book Club book, Night. It's a book about a Jewish survivor who lived through many concentration camps with his father. It's a sad and serious book but I am fascinated with that era ever since my friend, Amber turned me on the The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. I have learned so much about how cruel others were and how people still had faith in God during difficult times. My Mom made a remark that maybe I needed to read up on how the Christians were tortured by Nero.......I can't ever win.

Pretty much the only thing that has made me smile, besides my kids in general, is the fact that Riley is showing me that he has preferences! He brought me some different pants to put on today besides the ones that he was wearing. I said, "Do you want me to help you put these on?" And he said, "Put a, Put a, Put a." Pretty amazing for little Riles. He also cried last week when Alan left for work and said, "Bye, Bye....I wuv ooouuu!" It's random but he is communicating with us and playing with Kylie more each day. Kylie's new phrase is, "Momma, What's the deal?" I have heard that 100 times this week! Other than that, everything is just peachy! I will leave you with a quote that I need to remember each day:

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

-- Author: Unknown



Riley's cut is looking better under his eye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci,
I forgot to tell Alan to tell you last night, but I loved Kylie's penguin!

Sorry you guys had a bad couple of days.

I LOVE the quote - that is so true and something I needed to hear today.

Talk to you soon,
Katina

Anonymous said...

Riley is so precious!
I really hope both kids are better by Thursday. I want you back at school!
Stay positive, your kids are wonderful.
And, I love the quote...

Traci said...

Thanks Katina and Tracey!

Tracey- I will definitely be there for the Polar Bear Ice Creams!!

courtney said...

Hang in there.....this too shall pass!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....