1.11.2006

Thank You, VBS Teachers!

Sending Kylie to VBS this summer was one of the best decisions that Alan and I have made in a long time. It meant driving to church thirty minutes away every morning for a week so she could have the experience that I looked so forward to every summer as a kid. She was so shy at first, but by the second day, she was standing in the pew with Mary Alice, arms around each other, singing as loud as she could! I cried tears of joy! It made me so happy inside to know that she really enjoyed it!

The reason that I brought up VBS is because of something that happened tonight. During Kylie's devotional, we were talking about how awesome God is to have created everything around us. She was listening and very interested in this topic. Then out of her mouth came a really sweet revelation. "God made the tall mountains and the moon and the sun and stars. Momma, He is our cornerstone!" If you taught at VBS, your child attended VBS, or you bought the CD, you understand!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci,
What a sweet story. I think it is so wonderful that you are having devotionals with Kylie at night. She is right! God IS our cornerstone! That is so great that she understood and internalized that at such a young age. She is so smart and sweet. Love you all! Katina

Erica said...

Sweet little Kylie! I think you and Alan should take some credit on this one too. You are doing a wonderful job with both your children!

Amber Smith said...

Wow, Traci! How exciting! It is always so neat when our kids teach us with their sweet words. I love VBS too. I will really miss PC's VBS next year! She sounds so smart! I can't believe that she remembered that from last summer! Wonderful!

courtney said...

Traci,
What a sweet story!

On a different note, the girl I knew on The Bachelor is April from Dallas. She is the one that tripped and her shoe came off when she got out of the limo. She didn't get a rose.

Have a great day!

Alyssa said...

Traci, that is such a great story! I agree with Erica... it took you and Alan making the decision to get Kylie to VBS...and for you guys to follow through this year. What a great example you are to me :)

hollyfouts said...

Avery still loves that CD....Just Like Jesus is her favorite!

Amber Knauss said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening routine! Good for yall!! i think you and Alan are doing a wonderful job and raising two amazing kids! ~ Amber

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....