1.05.2006
The Who????
Sometimes I feel that I am the worst parent ever. I seem to never know when to tell Kylie the truth or fudge the truth a little. (I don't want to think of it as lying, but who am I kidding? It is!!) I mean, I had to tell her that Riley was getting a flu shot the other day just so she would go to Nana and Poppy's without him for ONE night. But something happened today and I am thinking I should have lied! Here's the bizzle. We were in the car and for some reason I had it on 106.1 kinda loud. A song came on the radio and after it finished playing, Kylie asked me, "Mommy, who was that singing?" For a brief moment I thought about it and decided that I had lied too much lately to her so I had to tell her the truth. So I said it and now I regret it. I don't know why, I just don't think that it sounds very nice and I don't want her to talk about it all the time. I can just hear her now. "My favorite song is the one by the Pussycat Dolls!" Ugh. I feel like such a loser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
8 comments:
That CRACKS me up!!! I can't wait to ask Kylie who she likes to listen to on the radio on Monday!! Ha ha...
I totally agree that sometimes the whole truth is too much for kids, but I do feel bad lying sometimes!! I guess it's for their own good, right??
I have bitten my tongue way too many times around Avery when I said something that I shouldn't have. She never pays attention to me when I want her to, but as soon as I say something like that she repeats it to everyone. So you are NOT the worst parent ever...just a regular old mom like the rest of us.
And I don't think it's wrong to shelter the whole truth from your kids. Especially at this age. The adult world is really too much for them to understand or have to deal with yet.
First of all, i liked that you used the word bizzle in a sentence- which proves that you are definitely a cool mom :)
I struggle with that dilemna all the time... it is so tough to know how to best handle tough situations like that. if you figure it out, let me know.
Too funny Traci! It sounds like you're balancing the Truth vs Not-So-Truthful very well!
You are a great Mom!! Both of your children are very lucky to have you. If only all the children in the world could have two parents who lave them as much the world would definitely be a better place.
lave was suppose to be LOVE...my typing skills are horrible these days.
aaahhhh. I miss you!!! You have GOT to blog more often! It's killing me not to know what you are up to!
Traci,
You are NOT a bad mom!! Kylie and Riley are so lucky to have you!
Have a great day,
Katina
Post a Comment