1.26.2006

The NEXT American Idol

When I was little, all I wanted in the whole world was to be a star! I sang in my room from sun-up 'til sun-down. I didn't want to be in the choir at school or in school plays. I wanted to sing pop songs on tv! Well, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. Is that the right expression? Anyways, Kylie is showing signs of following in those footsteps! She LOVES American Idol and she has a big ole crush on Ryan Seacrest. Last night, we watched all the hoochies and other hopefuls try to get past the judges and go on to Hollywood. Kylie was so into it that when she left the room, I thought that she was going to go secretly sing in her room. Well, she comes back a few minutes later with some green too-tight pants on and a thin headband on as a top. I looked at her and said, "No, No, young lady. You need to get a top on right now. That doesn't look very nice at all!" So, I gave her a cute white tank top and sent her in the playroom with her microphone. A couple minutes later, she comes up to me and this is how it all went down:

Kylie: "Momma, ask me what my name is."
Momma: "Okay. What is your name?"
Kylie: (Shyly)"Kylie, no, I mean, Lava Girl....Say, how old are you?"
Momma: (I'm catching on now. I am supposed to be Paula) "How old are you, Kylie?"
Kylie: "24..." (What????)
Momma: "Where are you from?"
Kylie: "Um...my room" (I guess she wasn't prepared for this one) "Say..What are you gonna sing?"
Momma: "Okay, Kylie, what are you going to sing for us today?"
Kylie: "Um...The Wizard of Oz"

And then she breaks out into some random song that she is making up on the spot with random words like, "You were there, I love you, break my heart......". That wasn't the end. We also had to get a yellow sheet of paper so she could act like she was really going to "Holewud"...(her spelling)! Fun stuff, I tell ya. The icing on the cake was her asking me, "Momma is I'm gonna be an american idol someday?" To which I replied, "Yes, Kylie. You can be anything you want to be!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci,
This cracked me up! How cute is Kylie? A STAR in the family!!!

The best part is, "I'm from my room". That kills me.... :-)

Katina

Erica said...

I love Kylie and have no doubt she will be a Star one day if she wants. I use to love coming over and watching her sing and sway to the music. She is a doll! I also love the "in my room" answer...that is a classic.

mcjacobsjournal said...

That is the best story EVER!! Too funny! I'm so glad you have a blog to have that one written into your family history when she is a STAR someday! That is too precious. And, I do wish you had taken a picture of the headband top....sounds very interesting!!! (And judging by fashion trends today, by the time our girls ARE 24, that's probably not too far off from reality!)

Kristen OQ said...

That's just about the cutest, funniest, and sweetest story, I might have ever heard.

I am sad to admit, I am an American Idol fan...I went to the first round concert (Kelly Clarkson & Justin Garini) when I was 8 months pregnant...see, I told you I was a fan!

If she goes to Hollywood, I think there are like 100 of us that will caravan there to watch her...maybe I should start making my "Go Kylie" signs now!

Alyssa said...

LOVE the Kylie story! I agree with Erica..."from my room" is my favorite part! She is such a cutie! I hope she makes it all the way to stardom!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....