Between cleaning and picking up dust bunnies left and right, me and the kids have had a busy week. Riley is doing great in therapy but we are going to start with a more aggressive therapy in order for him to learn to be consistent in his speaking. He is playing and communicating well but still lacks the appropriate speech that we are looking for. He and Kylie were playing and being really silly together the other night and it made me smile to see how far he is coming along. I tried to get a picture but my camera is SO slow and crappy. That's another story!

Here are some things about both the kids since I have had no time to tell people on the phone!
Things about Riley:
He likes to be naked alot! He has started getting his own diaper for me and then laying down in the floor to start the process.....so cute! He LOVES chocolate cherry kisses, the candy. I can get him to say, "guaklit" all day long with this one. He also likes for me and Kylie to sing, "One, Two, Three, Four, Five. Once I caught a fish alive" with him. He loves to read "Goodnight, Moon" over and over and is giving us fits when it is his bedtime. All we have to say is, "You ready for night-night?" and he screams "no" and takes off running. It's all fun and games until we have to put him to bed and he cries for twenty minutes. Tonight it was only five. He loves laughing with us and playing games and his new thing is to head-butt us. He smiles really big at you and then just rams you. Ouch. He is also pinching Kylie when she tells him "no" or takes something away from him.
Things about Kylie:
Kylie has been Riley's little mother hen here lately. She lets us know that Riley is her Best Friend! She also lets us know if Riley has pinched her or is doing something wrong. She loves that he is trying to play with her and wants to do everything with him. She has only changed clothes seven times today.....that's pretty good for her. She has gone from being obsessed with the states to the Princesses. Her new thing is to draw each princess and sing their song while she draws them. She has watched that Sing A Long Princess video about fifty times this week. Riley even likes to listen to it while he wears Kylie's pink Madagascar shoes. She also got to play with Garrison and Kamdyn last Friday and is still talking about how much fun she had with them. I remember when we couldn't MAKE her play with other kids and now I get teary eyed just watching her interact at school and with other kids in our church. She is really looking forward to Meemaw and Peepaw coming to visit her this weekend.
I'm going to leave you with an image that Alan and I have been cracking up at all week. It is supposed to be the Three Emperor's Daughters who are of Asian descent. We are not quite sure why the third one looks SO different but it sure is hilarious! The other is the little mermaid which we think looks really cute! I love Kylie's view of how others look. Oh, to be a child again!

4 comments:
Hi Traci! LOVE these drawings...the mermaid is TOO cute! Please give Kylie and Riley a hug from me since I can't ever seem to get over there to hug them myself! :-)
Have a great time at your retreat this weekend. Those times are always so special and memorable.
Sounds like Nancy and Keith are coming to help Alan while you are gone....
Talk to you later,
Katina
I was hoping you would update on Riley. He is so adorable. It was good to see he and Kylie having so much fun together. Little Miss is quite the artist! I love the Mermaid picture. I cannot wait to see you this weekend! We are going to have so much fun!!! Thanks again for the e-card yeasterday...you always make me laugh.
Too cute! Love the drawings. I'm quite impressed with the mermaid....looks a lot like Ariel!
Thanks for your updates on your sweet children! What a great family you have! I hope you have a great weekend on the retreat :)
Post a Comment