2.06.2006

Retreat Weekend

As I try to remember all the details from this weekend, I am overwhelmed. SO much happened in so little time that I hope I recognize, record, and remember correctly. There are positives and negatives to the weekend but now the negatives don't seem so bad. Just a little preview of how things went down.

Stephanie and I left Friday for Sky Ranch with all the snacks and water that my van could hold. Alan stayed with the kids and Meemaw and Peepaw came down to brighten up their day. Riley said "meemaw" and apparently Kylie had the time of her life and cracked them all up. Meemaw is really good with the kids and will play with them the whole time she's here AND manage to keep my house clean and do our laundry! Thanks, Meemaw! Peepaw keeps Alan in line and makes sure we have everything we need. I didn't worry about what was going on at home so I had a great time focusing on our task...........keeping a bunch of women happy! Oy!

Anyways, we heard some good speakers that really spoke from the heart and I managed to cry several times, but that just goes along with the retreat. I'm not going to get in depth about what I learned but let's just say that I came back with more peace than ever and am ready to start journaling and letting my kids know how much they are worth and how much they are loved! One thing that my new friend, Kimberli said that rang true was: "Until it wasn't about you, it couldn't be about me!" I absolutely believe that. Thank you for all the advice, Kimberli. I was one of the MANY people that was touched by her that night. I also think that was the same night that we ran out of bottled water and we had some not very happy ladies. Live and learn. You can please some of the people some of the time.........:)

I was very happy to see Mrs. Hospitality (Erica), she looked beautiful and happy, and also to spend some time with awesome girls from my small group. Honey, Amy, Amber, and Whitney, you are all special to me and I would love to do some scrapbooking with you soon! I feel that I met lots of special ladies that I have looked up to for some time and everyone was so nice and caring. I'm so glad that Stephanie and I were on the Retreat Committee.....it was fun more than it was frustrating! Thank you Julie and Tracey for helping us pack up! You two kept me from losing my mind!

Now it's off to another week of therapy, pajamas and pizza parties (Sunshine School). I am really going to be sad this summer when nothing is going on. If anyone has any suggestions.....

1 comment:

Erica said...

I knew that I kept you around for a reason. (ha,ha) Thanks for the sweet comments about me. You are such a sweet friend...I love you dearly. I am so glad we got to experience such a great weekend together. There were definitely many things to learn and start practicing daily. See you soon!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....