2.05.2006

Super Fun!

We had a fun Superbowl night at Jeff & Kyri's house with Gary & Carolyn, and Kyri's parents, Phil & Judy. I got to spend time with my sweet sisters-in-law who I love visiting with and the kids had so much fun. Kylie loves Uncle Jeffy's lava lamp and big media room, which the boys didn't let her have tonight because of the game, and Riley played with Kyri's sweet mom, Judy all night. He loved her and was really taken with her which made me smile. He danced and smiled with the girls and played the bongos on Jeff's speaker.????

I am SO tired from this weekend. The retreat was awesome and I can't wait to blog AND JOURNAL about it this week!

Carolyn sent me the following email and I thought it was TOO funny. It was written by someone who wishes to remain anonymous.

With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy of "Redneck"
joke fame, you might be a member of the Church of Christ ...

* If you know exactly what song I'm talking
about when I ask you to turn to number 728b.

* If you could recite all the books of the Bible
before you could even read them.

* If you know the first and third verse of
nearly every song.

* If you actually know what a "ready recollection" is and have been
thoroughly "guide-guard-and-directed" all your life. (If you're really a
member, you know that "guide-guard-and-directed" must be followed by
"and-bring-us-back-at-the-next-appointed-time.")

* If you think "progressive" refers to those in the church who want a
sound system and PowerPoint.

* If you recognize any of these ministers by first name alone: Landon,
Prentice, Rubel, Norvel, Flavil, Furman or Batsell.

* If you think your chosen pew is "sacred" and no one else should sit in
your spot.

* If you think the Bible questions on Jeopardy are way too easy.

* If you decide which Bible translation to use based on how Acts 2:38
reads.

* If you immediately reach for your wallet when you hear the phrase,
"Now, separate and apart from the Lord's Supper... "

* If "chosen frozen" refers to your early worship service that resembles
a country church 50 years ago, and "happy clappy" describes your late
service that the chosen frozen are deeply concerned about.

* If you know all the words to all the verses of Trust and Obey.

* If you've ever ridden a JOY bus. (And, of course, you know that JOY
stands for "Jesus" first, "Others" second and "Yourself" last.)

* If, when you're happy and you know it, you clap your hands, stomp your
feet and say "Amen!"

* If you've ever carried your Bible in an empty casserole dish.

* If you brought that casserole dish to the last fellowship meal, and
the main ingredient in it was cream of mushroom soup.

* If you've ever heard a rambunctious young child yell "Pray for me!
Pray for me!" as his mother whisked him down the aisle to the foyer.

* If you've ever wondered who Ebon Pinion was.

* If you think the term "church of Christ humor is an oxymoron.

* If you've ever heard an announcement from the pulpit about a missing
puppet.

* If you've ever prayed for those "who are sick of this congregation."

* If you've never been to a church that wasn't named after the street it
was on.

* If you've been to a wedding or a funeral where "the invitation" was
offered.

* If you've stood for 13 verses of Just As I Am with the last stanza
sung softly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious!!!! SO true...
My favorite is "who is Ebon Pinion"....I am laughing so hard I can't even answer the phone....
Which is a problem when my JOB is answering the phone...


Looking forward to hearing (reading) about your retreat. I get you had a great time..

KJ

Anonymous said...

That was supposed to say, "I HOPE you had a great time"....

See, I was laughing so hard I couldn't type...

KJ

Traci said...

I'm glad you liked it, Katina! We miss seeing you, ya know.

mcjacobsjournal said...

I'm so glad that all went well this weekend at the retreat. I sure missed being there!

And, I love the C of C list! That was cracking me up!! Isn't that sad that we all know EACH ONE so well! :)

Have a great night...and get some needed rest after a weekend with the girls!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....