
10.He STILL takes care of me when I am in a jam.....and if you know me, I am always in some kind of trouble!
9.He always has some kind of funny story to tell me or a Final Jeopardy question for me.
8. He and my mom have taken in every stray that I have taken in and then gotten tired of.
7. I love to hear him laugh at Seinfeld episodes that we have seen 1000 times!
6. Before we went to Christmas in Arkansas, he bought four new tires for our vehicle so that we would be extra safe.
5. He has helped move me to every apartment, dorm, apartment, back home, apartment, and house that I have ever lived in. His favorite thing to say now is, "I'm out of the moving business!"
4. He will push Riley on his trike for hours out in the cold and never complain! Thank you, Poppy!
3. He shares his old McKinney t-shirts and sweatshirts with me and doesn't care if I give them back.
2. He woke up early in the freezing rain, drove ten minutes to my apartment, knocked on the door to wake me up because my roommate had left the phone off the hook and I had asked him to call and wake me up that morning for work.
1. Because he has a sweet, gentle spirit and lives for his family. He has never once let me down!
I love you, Dad!
5 comments:
Traci,
What a wonderful tribute to your Dad! You are so blessed to have such a great Dad!
Happy Birthday, Gary! :-)
Katina
Traci-
What a sweet note to your Dad on his birthday. I especially liked the trip to your house when the phone was off the hook. Very sweet.
I am just wondering one thing...
Why don't you still have that hairdo? It is a GREAT look for you!
Such a sweet tribute to a very deserving man. You Dad has a quiet and sweet spirit. I know he is admired by many for his faithfulness to the Lord and love of his family. You are blessed.
The story of him driving to your apartment made me smile because I can just picture him doing that and going "Well Traci..." Please tell him "Happy Birthday" from us.
I'm sure your dad loved reading your entry! I'm a big daddy's girl, too! Your dad sounds a lot like mine, especially the still taking care of you part!!
That was beautiful! I'm sitting here crying like a big ole baby right now. You indeed were blessed with a wonderful Daddy, just as I was. Of all the great things Linda has given me in her life, wisdom, a shoulder to cry on, guidance and the list goes on and on....but the best gift ever was the day she married your dad and gave me the best brother, not brother-in-law in the whole world. Then she gave me Gary, Jeff and you my darlin sweet Traci. Gary should be so very proud of you!
Post a Comment