2.15.2006

Sassy Pants

Be careful what you pray for. I have prayed long and hard over the last two and a half years over Kylie and her speech. Although Kylie had problems with speaking in full sentences, it was nothing like what Riles is going through! Anyways, I remember when I couldn't get her to talk to me or ask many questions. She was content with speaking to me only when she needed to with "Yeah" or "No" and talking to her friends only when they spoke to her. I remember when Kaylee was in the backseat telling me that the police were going to come and get me because I ran that yellow light! I thought, "I wonder why Kylie isn't speaking her thoughts like that? Will she ever? Will she always be quiet and shy?"

Not this year! She is full of questions and her own opinions. Sometimes it is too much to handle and she gets a little spanking for talking back and pointing her finger at me. Today it was just clever.........

SO, she has been REALLY into Veggie Tales (So has Riley) and she wants to draw each of them on their own paper with their names under them. When she asks me how to spell something, we sound it out together.

Example: Larry= LERE

Today, she had forgotten what the Gourd looked like (I know, a gourd???? We had to look that one up) so I pulled up the VeggieTales website in the playroom for her to see. She would walk back and forth from the dining room table to the playroom to take a peek, then create back in the dining room. Well, she walked back one time, looked at me, and curtly asked, "Mommy, why did you tell me how to spell Larry wrong? It is with an "A" not an "E"! I am NOT asking you anymore. I am going to look it up on the Internet from now on!" Shocker! When did my little girl get so sassy and full of words? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I just am taken aback by all the change. She also informed me that Junior was NOT "JR" it was many letters!!!!! I am astounded yet proud.

5 comments:

courtney said...

Too funny! It's amazing how observant they become!

Erica said...

Welcome to my world! It is nice to have some company. You definitely need to watch what you pray for next time. It helps that she is so cute though:) I will talk to you soon.

mcjacobsjournal said...

That is so cute!! What are you thinking telling her the wrong way to spell things?!! Ha ha. She really is so adorable and I love getting to hear these stories about her, since we don't get to see her "sassy" side at school! (And, I would give anything to be in the same boat and only see "sassy" at home when my daughter seems to prefer that style every day!!!)

Amber Smith said...

Kylie is so clever, sounding out words and then realizing when they're spelled incorrectly. That is great!

Alyssa said...

What a great story! Kylie is such a sweet and smart little girl! I dread the day that Lauren learns about the internet. She will be find tons of ways to prove me wrong, I am sure!!!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....