Since Jeff's birthday is first, here's a little trivia on him. I think that Jeff must have known that it was Superbowl Sunday and came out so he could see who won the game. He has always loved football and was the star quarterback. I remember him running around the house in his number 9 Cowboy jersey with a football helmet on and a "Where's the Beef" towel tucked in the front of his pants. He even ate in his helmet! That boy lived and breathed football but would always make time to play games with me and act silly. We got closer after high school because we went to Harding together and I am so proud that he is my little brother!
Now for Gary. Gary was the brother that I could never live up to. I dreaded getting Gary's teachers because it was a Marcia/Jan kind of thing. He was so smart and it just came naturally to him. In Kindergarten, he won the Citizenship Award out of everyone in the school. I also remember how cool and nonchalant he was in high school. He had to take me to school every morning and always made small talk on the way there. We were never really that close, but on the day that he made the trip to Texas A&M I was so sad. It was so hard to tell him goodbye because I realized that he would no longer be around the house to make wise cracks or know the answer to something. He plays it so cool but in a crisis, Gary really steps up and takes care of you. He has really made me proud in the last ten years. We have things in common and I enjoy getting to know him better each year!
Well, that was my sappy little homage to my two great brothers. I'll bet Jeff is glad that I didn't tell everyone that he used to yell to my Mom, "Come wipe my hiii-neyyyy!"
And I'll bet Gary is glad that I didn't tell how he installed a car stereo into his car and it would only work if the door was open while he was driving. They are both great and I wouldn't trade them for sisters any day!!

Yea, I know this is a Christmas picture but it's the only one I had on hand with all three of us!
2 comments:
that was a good stroll down memory lane. my favorite moment of all three of us is when we were all sitting around playing cards, and out of the blue we heard you shout, "Not now Riley, Mommy's playing poker!" you'd get my vote for "Mom of the Year" any day.
This is my favourite blog entry of all time. I just had to read it again and look at the picture.
Hey! I can post a comment!
Post a Comment