This is a pastiche of everything that went on this week. Can you tell I have been using the Thesaurus?
Riley and I have been working on the days and dates of the week this month. I put up this “fancy” calendar in between the kids’ rooms and they love it! At first, I had those dates that stuck on with silly putty but they kept falling off. So I just started letting the kids write the date on the calendar as each day comes. Well, Kylie thought it looked messy so she rewrote 1-7 this morning. She also left a dry erase marker out because this afternoon we noticed that Riley had filled in the rest. Sure he put 14 and 15 for 24 and 25 but I am just happy that he got most of them right without our help. Of course, after I took a picture Kylie had to erase them and do it her way.
We didn’t get a lot of snow but what we did get this week was SO much fun to play in! Kylie immediately headed out to the trampoline to make a snow angel. We also saved some snow for snow ice cream on a warmer day. Riley saw the snow, said, “cold” and “snow” and didn’t want anything to do with it. He did enjoy watching it sleet yesterday while we were in the car. He started singing his rain song from school. “The rain is falling down..........”
Riley loves his St. Paddy’s Day hat. I am having so much fun with him lately. He is repeating like crazy and using his words when he wants something. I have noticed a big change in him and I am excited about where he is right now. I never thought that I would have a child with special needs and now that I do, I have learned to be more accepting of others. Now it’s the normal people that really tick me off. (I’m probably not talking about anyone that reads this!!) Especially those who know nothing about Autism putting their two cents in. Until you live with it people, don’t judge. That’s the lesson for today. Please come back tomorrow when I talk about forgiveness. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
No comments:
Post a Comment