We had a fun weekend!! There was a lot going on this weekend and I am having an enjoyable and relaxing birthday with my sweet little family today. There’s so much to tell so I hope I don’t leave anything out!
On Friday I was guest reader at Kylie’s school. I was so excited to go and read a book to all of her classmates. I told Kylie the night before and she looked less than excited to know that I was coming to her class. I asked her if she was glad that I was coming to read and she said, “Do you want to come and read?” That’s Kylie language for, “I’m not really excited at all!” So I said, “Do you not want me to come?” and she said, “Well, what are you going to wear?” to which I replied, “What do you want me to wear?” and she said, “How about you not wear a dress or a necklace”, (meaning Please do not look girly-girl in front of the boys. I’m trying to impress them by being a tomboy and you are going to go and ruin it!!) So, I told her that I would wear jeans and be casual and she seemed okay with that. Her teacher thought that story was hilarious and told me that I should come in a dress with a big hat. We got a chuckle out of it.
That night was Kylie’s Art Show and Keith and Nancy’s arrival for the weekend. I made Rachael Ray’s famous Chicken and Biscuits and they did not disappoint. Then, before we got ready to go to the Art Show, Kylie got a phone call from a little boy from her class at school. Hmmmm. Alan and the grandparents were so NOT happy with that. I thought that the conversation was hilarious! I asked who it was and put him on speaker phone for her. She didn’t retreat to her room but hung around so we could hear what they talked about. The conversation consisted of “J” asking what she was doing to which she replied, “Just walking around” (that’s really what she was doing while he was jabbering the whole time) and him saying, “ Are you glad that I called? Your phone number is 555-0909.” And she said, “Yep. It sure is.” He also told her that he would be at the Art Show. Great.
So we get to the Art Show and see her picture. Her picture was done on black with markers. It was really cool-looking. We are so proud of her and are taking pictures everywhere and she spots “J” with his grandfather. Panic follows. “Mom, let’s go. Are we going yet? I’m ready to go!” We are still waiting for Nana, Poppy, and Uncle Jeffy at this point. So, I took her to see other grades’ art and when everyone else showed up she felt more at ease. I’m so glad we averted a reunion between those two because I saw Kylie embarrassed enough and she didn’t even get close enough to talk to him. She did see other people that she knew and we all ended up having a great time. We didn’t stay to see if she won a blue ribbon or not. Someone will tell us if she did I guess.
Then everyone came over to visit and another little artist emerged. Riley was so proud that he had drawn a clown. We all were too. We clapped and cheered and he was so proud of himself! He was grinning from ear to ear and looking at all of us. He said, “Clown!” We thought the hair was hilarious! By the way, that is his writing as well.
The next day Nancy, Alan, and Kylie worked in the yard. It was a mess but now looks great! Alan chopped down the Crape Myrtle bush that was in front of our house. It had sentimental meaning to me but it was getting out of control. So I guess we will plant something a little smaller and with less maintenance since I HATE yard work. Nancy and I also went to Almost Home to see Stephanie. (Go to her website and look under Sweet Cheeky Designs for my new hobby!) Nancy loved her shop. I feel like I am in there everyday but Stephanie and I have yet to have a three minute conversation. She is always SO busy and she’s great with the customers. So friendly and makes you feel right at home.
Keith and Nancy left that night but not before Riley lost his glasses. We looked for those things for SIX hours before I found them late last night under Kylie’s night stand. I think his eyes are actually looking worse!
Mom and Dad took me to Texas Roadhouse for my birthday today and they did NOT make me ride the bull while they sang “Happy Birthday” to me. Come to think of it, no one has sung that to me yet. Hopefully next weekend my family will all get together to celebrate. I have already gotten all my presents and I can’t wait to spend my sweet moolah from both sets of parents! Alan got me a Culinary Class at Sur La Table and I am so excited!! Jeff and Kyri got me the UK version of The Office (Yea!!) and Gary and Carolyn got me a book on web design. I am SO pumped about learning how to build websites! I’m already on Chapter 5!! I thought it was so sweet that Gary got on-line and looked for over an hour to find the perfect book for me to start with. AND, my sweet friend Erica sent me a card and I got it TODAY because we forgot to check the mail yesterday.
What a great weekend!!! Thank you everyone for all my birthday goods and wishes! I can’t wait until next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
No comments:
Post a Comment