1.27.2009

Riley and The Pledge of Allegiance


We caught Riley on video saying The Pledge of Allegiance. We had no idea that he knew it. He has been saying it every day in school, his teachers tell me. He starts it by saying, "And your hand over your heart", although he didn't say it here. I swear, it's a hundred times cuter each time he says it, too.

We would have put it on here much sooner but The Ice Storm of 09 really threw us off. I had no idea what "hunker down" meant until we lost power today. It didn't help that I asked the guy across the street how long it usually takes to get power back on and he said one time it took them 2 weeks to get power back. That sent me into a head spin because I just don't know how long I could make it without power. When it came back on, 3 and a half hours later, I swore I would never take power for granted anymore! Yeah, right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!

More Riley posts!

Michael Ann said...

that's awesome! I love his little voice, so cute. I love how you said that he always starts with "hand over your heart."

Hey I think I found a kit - I'll email ya.

Glad your power came back on, ours went off during the night for 4-5 hours, but came back on and has been on ever since (knock on wood)! I'm with you, I so take it for granted, but would go coo coo without it.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! How cute is that?

:-)

KJ

Leigh Ann said...

Ok, that is about the most precious thing I have EVER seen! Yeah for Riley!!! Just awesome!

Anonymous said...

That's my Riles!!!!! That makes me so proud. I love to hear him say liberty. How cute is that. I never thought I'd day this but...man, schools in Arkansas are great!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....