6.10.2009

Six Flags Over Texas

We had THE best time taking the kids to Six Flags on Monday. It was not crowded at all and we got to ride every ride that the kids wanted to ride without so much as a line. Alan never did get Kylie on the Shock Wave, but we still had loads of fun. In fact, we are still talking about all the fun we had. Riley did ask to go to "Nana and Poppy's house!" when it started getting really hot but we kept him busy and hydrated so he was okay with that. But, don't ask him if he wants to go to Six Flags because he will yell, "Naaaawwww!"


We absolutely loved seeing the kids get so excited when we got near and saw the park. Kylie was all, "Wow! How awesome!" and Riley was pointing saying, "Six Flags!" to the actual six flags. Those reactions were the best ones we could hope for. They both are usually so nonchalant and serious. Not that day! In the car, Alan had the best time yelling, "There it is!" and getting Kylie to get excited and start looking around and then he would say, "The airport!" Kylie got tired of that real soon but we still laugh about it.


We got a great parking space and actually had to wait before they let everyone in. So Kylie and I danced with the bald Six Flags guy, did the Macarena and the Electric Slide, and then found Batman. 


We started off at Looney Tunes Land and were the only ones there so we stuck Riley on some rides with Kylie. One of the workers told us that we could get a disability pass at Guest Services but we really didn't need it since no one was there. I love Riley covering his eyes on this airplane ride. 

He was a good sport but wouldn't ride some of the rides. We went to the cave ride, which is Six Flags' version of Disney's It's A Small World and I just grabbed up Riley and got in line. I made the mistake of telling him that we were going to ride on a boat when he jumped down, said, "Naaaww!" and started running. When I got him back, I picked him up and explained to him that I would be right there and Daddy and Kylie would be in the back and it was safe. He got in and enjoyed it despite all the gun shots, loud noises, and flashes of light. I was really proud of him! He also rode the antique cars with us.


Kylie's favorite ride was the Runaway Mine Train followed by the Bobsled- it's called La Vibora now. Alan and I kept taking turns riding them with her. It was so refreshing to hear her little giggle and to see her truly letting loose and having fun! She did ride the Judge Roy Scream with me and wasn't too jazzed about it. She thought it was a little too rough.




Here is a pic of the kids sitting in the SAME big chair that me and my brothers sat in many years ago. I remember all of our fun trips to Six Flags as a kid and smile. My parents would always get me a HUGE yellow paper flower in "Mexico" and then when we got home my mom would spray her perfume in the middle of it. There are no flowers anymore- just Looney Tunes memorabilia. :(

There was also one time that my younger brother really wanted a Chief Indian hat and when my parents coughed up the money for it, he wouldn't wear it outside the store and cried if they put it on him. So my dad wore those Indian Chief feathers around the park. ha! I have got to find those pictures! 





So, we headed back to Nana and Poppy's around 4:15 and got home just in time to leave the kids with Nana- thank you so much, Nana!! and go have a nice meal with our friends, Steve and Linda. They truly helped us sell our house and went the extra mile to fix things, clean, and do the yard work while we were gone. The best part was Chuys- um, yum!! 

3 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been in years but I think Kylie and I could be a great pair... I don't like the "Big" rides, but do like the bobsled and runaway mine train!

Maggi said...

What beautiful fun pictures! Were the flowers you mentioned real big, on long sticks and made out of colored tissue paper?! We had those too at a local amusement park here. I always thought those were the most beautiful flowers! lol

Michael Ann said...

I had no idea you guys were living it up at 6 flags when I called!! So Fun!!! I'm jealous! Glad you guys got to go and have fun. BTW, did you go to any of the walmart shareholder concerts? Call me when you get back...and the pictures are priceless!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....