
Three iconic figures in Hollywood passed away this week. It was no shock to hear that Ed McMahon died, he was pretty old and in bad health. He also had a bad year with finances so I am sure that the stress took its toll on him.
It also wasn't big news that Farrah Fawcett passed away from anal cancer. She had been in the news lately on her last leg and we were just waiting for the news of her passing. BUT, when I read the internet yesterday afternoon and saw that Michael Jackson was taken to the hospital, I just thought it was his latest attempt at a panic attack or something minor.
My Aunt Nikki called me all in a flutter and was thinking the worst. I told her that I didn't think it was serious and then had to call her back about 30 minutes later to tell her the bad news. She was heartbroken! I am kinda chuckling that she shared with me that she went to his concert in the 80's and was on the 5th row! I bet that was awesome!!
I will remember each of these three people for different reasons. Ed McMahon I will remember for Star Search mainly. I thought he was such a cuddly teddy bear.
I will remember Farrah for her ONE year on Charlie's Angels. Can you believe that she was only on there ONE year? Crazy considering she was probably the most famous Angel. I will also remember another movie she did with Chevy Chase and Jonathan Taylor Thomas called Man of the House. That was kinda cute back in the day. I have to admit that I didn't watch her recent special so I wasn't just devastated! I thought that her son was an idiot for using and reusing and reusing meth. I just found out yesterday via Ryan O'Neal that she had NO idea that her son was in jail. That's good to know!
Okay, on to Michael Jackson. Back in the day, MJ was THE artist! He was cool, people! I got the Off The Wall album from Gibson's and listened to it all the time. When he cried at the end of "She's Out Of My Life" I just knew that he was a kindred spirit.


Then, when Thriller came out, OH MY.....that was the coolest album that I had ever heard. I remember sitting in our living room with my brothers waiting on the premiere of the Thriller video. After we saw that video, Michael Jackson was officially declared my hero! I couldn't watch it enough when it came on tv.

I can't (or don't want) to speak about Michael's crazy years. I just can't make myself think that he would do some of the things that he was accused of. I think he was a lost soul who just loved too much. There are reports today that prescription drugs and a demerol shot from his personal doctor (authorities are looking for said doctor as we speak) may have been to blame for his untimely death. Isn't it sad how most famous people die as a result of drugs? And not just the illegal kind anymore the kind that their own personal doctors prescribe for them? Have we not learned anything from the Anna Nicole fiasco? Or the Heath Ledger incident? Drugs are drugs, people. Newsflash: You can die from recreational drugs OR prescription drugs!
So, rest in peace Ed, Farrah, and Michael. Prayers to your families at this sad time.
By the way, I stumbled across this site that outlines the tour that Michael Jackson was supposed to start in July. I found the dance auditions really interesting! There is a video in which dancers were picked to grace the stage with MJ during his concert. I am not a fan of dancing but this really caught my eye. These dancers auditioned and the ones that were picked were SO excited to do this tour with him. Looks like their dreams were cut short and they will never get to perform a live concert with Michael. Last night, TMZ said that they were at the Staple's Center packing up their stuff. It's kinda sad. :(


No comments:
Post a Comment