6.07.2009

SO many stars!!

Update- You can see clips from the meeting on THIS website!

YES I got to go to the Walmart Shareholder's Meeting with Alan and I was on cloud 9 that Ben Stiller was there! I love him so much it hurts at night. Um, just kidding about hurting at night, but I do think he is hilarious and charismatic and wonderful and all that. Kylie loves him, too, so she had lots of questions when we got back. The first thing she said- "Hey, I know you guys got to see Ben Stiller, Kris Allen, and Miley Cyrus!" I had better watch out because she almost knows more entertainment history than I do!


When I first found out that Kris Allen would probably be at the meeting, I told Alan that he could take me, or he could find tickets to the American Idol concert this summer. So, he made sure that I could go to the meeting and planned for us to meet up with his team and all go together. Keith and Nancy were nice enough to come down the night before so we could leave @ 5 am, meet his team, and get a seat all together. The kids loved having Meemaw and Peepaw there since they were out of school for summer.

The meeting was awesome to say the least. Ben Stiller was hilarious and had some great skits. he never disappoints, that guy! He talked about how we liked to get up early around here, the squiggly in Walmart, and he also mustered up a "Go Hogs!" for us. I learned a lot about Walmart and how wonderful a company it is as well. We are SO lucky to be a part of that family. I also got to do the Walmart cheer for the first time. It took me back to my first experience of calling the hogs. 


I really enjoyed seeing the UCA cheerleaders come out and do their thing. They missed some of their stunts and I felt for them because I know how that feels when you spend so much time practicing and doing it perfect and then you choke in front of the crowd. They still did great and one of the cheerleaders is Kris Allen's brother. He introduced Kris later on in the meeting.


Miley Cyrus came out to sing, "Climb" and she is really talented and can sing! She is launching a new clothing line and will wear her clothes that are available on her tour. I was wondering if Billy Ray came with her and if she got to meet Kris and Ben backstage.



Then, Paulina Rubio came out and sang and was a bit hit with the international shareholders. I wonder if she is going to be the next Selena.


Alan was really excited when Michael Jordan came out. He talked about being driven and how teamwork is really important. Everyone likes Mike!


Then there was business and more business until we finally got to see Kris Allen. He sang the Kara song and has actually made it his own. He also sang Heartless and it was the best that I have heard him sing it. I wanted to hear more!! Kris talked about being in LA and wondering where all the Walmarts were since there are 2 in every town down here. It was really cute.


The last act was Smokey Robinson. We had just recently seen him on Idol and he still sounds pretty good. He sang a duet with one of his backup singers and then Kris came out to join him and so that was really exciting! One of Alan's co-workers from China later asked us who that woman that sang in the end was! ha!



When it was over, we walked the two miles back to our car- yes, I have blisters from the heels I wore, and we all went to lunch at Marketstreet Grill, which was fabulous!!

When we got home, Meemaw and Peepaw left, Alan went back to work, I fell asleep in the middle of uploading a blog, and the kids played all around me. Then we packed, mowed, did laundry, ate, and got up this morning to head for Texas. Alan had to go to his monthly meeting this morning and got to see Trace Atkins. He said he was really funny.

I am sitting in my parents living room relaxing while everyone is asleep. Here's hoping to a relaxing rest of the week!

3 comments:

Kara said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Jen said...

Whoa...are you serious?!?! How awesome was that? Kris Allen? Michael Jordan? Ben Stiller? Wow!!! Thanks for posting the pics :) Also - you are hilarious! Ben Stiller makes you hurt at night? Hahahah! I can totally relate only my affection is for John Mayer and his guitar!!!

Michael Ann said...

no fair - I've lived here 4 1/2 years now and still haven't gotten in on any of the w-mart action and you live here...what? 2 hours and you are in like flynn! Just kidding! Next time though, I want to stow away in your purse!

Seriously though, I think that's awesome and I'm so glad you got to go. You guys deserve it!!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....