4.03.2010

Easter Eve

Riley Fact:
Riley is super picky about food! He loves crunchy, salty foods and nothing soft and mushy. I thought it would be so hard to get him on the gluten/casein-free diet but really I just switched out his chicken, chips, and cereal for GFCF ones. Now he has added strawberries and oranges to his diet among other things. He won't eat green vegetables so we have to supplement this powder stuff in his drink. It's gross! One thing that I will not waver on is giving him foods with ANY dye in them. (ahem- goldfish!!) The dye makes him wander off into lonely land. More posting on that later....

We are gettin' ready for Easter over here! Today, Meemaw took Kylie and I shopping for Kylie an Easter dress. You should have seen the dress that Kylie picked out. I had all these really cute dresses for her to try on and she brings something that Britney Spears would have worn in her hot mess days. It was hot, hot pink with a circle rhinestone in the center. SO not anything that an 8 year old with attentive parents would wear on Easter Sunday. We finally settled on a pink dress that looks fabulous on her. I had to be the bad guy and tell her that her dress was inappropriate for Easter Sunday. But, if she gets invited to Studio 54 in the near future, maybe she could take her money, drive to the store, and buy it herself. She only pouted for 2 hours.

I just happened to find it on-line. Was I wrong?

Tonight, we decorated our eggs and Easter cookies. Everyone got in on the fun. Then before we put the kids to bed, we read The Easter Story to Kylie. I have read this book to her on Easter Eve for a couple of years now so it has become a tradition. Tomorrow, we go to church and thankfully Peepaw is going to keep Riley. Then we will all go over and eat lunch with family. Hoppy Easter!









3 comments:

Ashley said...

Girl, how cute are these pictures!? You have the sweetest little family!

Happy Easter to all of you guys! =)

Kimberly said...

cute little family! love the story about the Easter dress! can't wait to see pictures of the dress she is wearing today! You did the right thing even if she pouted for 2 hours! have a great Easter!

Samantha said...

Happy Easter!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....