Someone once told me that since Riley has autism, he will probably not sleep during the night and will have a crazy sleeping schedule. This really saddened me since my sleep is everything to me! But, so far, Riley puts himself to bed at about 8-8:30pm, sleeps through the night, and wakes up in a really happy mood! He is a great sleeper and we are really lucky!!
Speaking of sleep, I am so excited because this week Alan and I get our NEW bedroom furniture delivered!! I have waited for this day for 10 whole years. We have never had bedroom furniture that has all matched. It hasn't been at the top of our list and I guess I have never really pushed for it. We did get a beautiful cherry sleigh bed a couple of years ago and I was looking at the furniture to match. But, a couple of months later my brother and his wife offered us a fabulous King mattress that they had for a couple of days and didn't like, so we took it. That meant no more headboard but the mattress is so big and so darn comfortable!
Here is a preview of the set we picked out. It is a dark cherry and looks almost black. I love it!
We got a Christmas gift card from Alan's parents to a furniture store in town and have ordered a beautiful bedroom set. I have always steered towards red for our room but this time I saw a really sweet spring comforter set at Target and went for it! I have already washed it and put it on our bed and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the furniture!!
I am having trouble finding another fabulous pillow to go with it. They are out of stock everywhere!
So, while I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day on an unrelated matter, I just happened to see a display comforter on clearance. I loved it! It was totally my style and something that I feel that I would be looking forever for if I didn't grab it up. It's a Queen comforter and as soon as we move out of this rental and into another house, it will be beautiful on my sleigh bed in my guest bedroom. I cannot wait!! I even have window treatments to match from our Dallas home.
I love the roses that pop off the comforter and I have pillows to match! Am I crazy or what?

11 comments:
Oooooooo, I love your new furniture AND your new bedding! How fun!
Ok...I think we are twins! LOL! I am also looking at bedroom furniture and LOVE what you picked out. I also am loving that citron green (I think that is what you call it) and want to do my kids bathroom in that. I never thought of Target. I wonder if they have a coordinating shower curtain for that bedding. Hmmm. Thanks for the tip! I love it all! Oh, and are y'all going to come to LR in October for the Autism Speaks run/walk?
Oooohhhh! Love it!!!
Beautiful new furniture. Also, I tagged you - see my website. Hugs to you
I love it! It is so classy looking! I can't wait to see the finished product!
I'm green with envy! I have a total mish mash of furniture in my bedroom, but there are so many other things that we need, it's gonna have to wait. Like for about 10 years.
Congrats on the new furniture! We've never had matchy bedroom furniture either! lol
Love the bedroom set! I bet you are excited!!! We have never had a complete set either...couldn't decide on anything..so ended up getting just a bed. Been living in the same house for two years and still have don't have any bed side tables...one of these days we will!
I love your new bedding!!!
Oh my goodness, I am SO jealous!!!!! Beautiful!
Nice!! : ) I hear ya on the bedroom furniture. Everyone and everything else always seems to come first. : ) Glad your time has come for some gorgeous furniture!
Post a Comment