4.24.2010

long week....

This week was long! Maybe it was because the grandparents were in Virginia for Uncle Gerry's funeral. Maybe it was because I worked out at the gym with weights this week. Impressed? Or maybe it was because I designed everyday this week plus last night and this morning. whew! Regardless, I am ready for a GNO, date night or something really soon!

Thursday, I was asked to sub in the class across the hall from Kylie. There were some really sweet girls in that class and I made a point of introducing them to Kylie on the playground. You know, just in case she gets tired of playing "popular girls" with her current friends or they start telling her that she can't play with them on the playground like they are currently telling everyone else. LONG sigh :(

I walked into the empty classroom while the kids were outside and met the Homeroom Mom from that class. I started talking with her and found out some very interesting things. First off, she is a current breast cancer survivor. I was amazed by her strength and her story. We started talking about our kids and low and behold if she is not the parent of a precious girl in Riley's class that he adores!  I blogged about it previously. So, I am looking forward to getting to know her better in the future.

Sometimes, it is such a small world that we live in! I also happen to think that God nudges me just a little in the social department lately. Since we have moved here, I haven't exactly felt like going out and recruiting friends. I have a group of friends that I do things with and they are so much fun! But as far as branching out and meeting people here and there, I have a little bit of a shy side. I'm not that peppy cheerleader that I once knew anymore. I have baggage now! ha! So much for being perfect! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm the same way. There are times I go for a week without leaving the house, or interacting with any grownups other than my husband. I really need to make myself get out and make friends.

Summer said...

I think you are peppy friend! How awesome that God gave you a little nudge and you ended up meeting someone whose daughter is friends with Riley! That is super cool! Wish ya'll lived closer we could have went on a GNO and then took the kids to the circus the next day ha!

Oh my goodness girl you sound like you have been blog designing like crazy! You are soooo good at it! I smile everytime I look at mine! I love it so much and you wouldn't believe the compliments I get on it and girl it matches Kelcee's room to a tee and go figure they just came out with a gymbo line that matches both and yup I bought most of it ha!

Sorry I am ranting like a crazy person.....I am nervous cause I have to take my chemo tonight so I always get extra talkative if that is even possible ha!

xoxo
Summer :0)

Maggi said...

Way to go on the workout and meeting new people! You've been super busy!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....