4.11.2006

Big Boy Bed



This weekend was a busy one for all of us. We sent the kids to Nana and Poppy's on Friday night while Alan took an antihistimine and I caught up on all my shows that I had missed during the week. Saturday was busy as Alan and I just happened to find a bed for Riley at a garage sale down the street. It's funny that we weren't even looking to put him in a twin bed for some time but then one just jumped out at us for less than half the price! Nice!

Then, we worked out for the first time in a while and went shopping with gift cards from Christmas and my birthday. I just love Belk! After that, Alan left to see college friends and spent the night in Fort Worth so they could get up and go to Nascar on Sunday morning. I spent the night with my parents and the kids in McKinney and was spoiled! My mom, Kylie, and I stayed up late and watched a movie while Poppy and Riley crashed. The next morning just the girls went to church at my hometown congregation which is so much bigger and in a different place now. The guest preacher that morning was the same one that married Alan and I some six years ago. He lives in Kentucky now and this was the first time that he had seen Kylie. It was good to see him and talk about how things have changed.

After church, we met my sweet sister in law, Carolyn for lunch at Christina's and had a nice lunch. Lots of girl time! After we left Nana and Poppy's, the kids and I went to the Stonebriar Mall. Ugh! So many unfriendly faces there and people that didn't want to move out of the way for a double stroller that squeaks. I have used that stroller until the wheels are about to fall off! But, I made my way to PBKids to get Riley some sheets and to The Gap to FINALLY buy him a belt because that is the only place I can find one for a little boy who's pants seem to always fall down.

Last stop was the grocery store before we finally made it home and the work was just beginning! I showed the kids Riley's new bed and they were so excited! Lots of wallering and jumping later, I decided at about 5:30 that I would take down Riley's crib. He seemed fine with it and even tried to help with the hammer a little bit! Alan and Uncle Choo called to say that they would be home around 9:00 and to keep the kids up. At about 9:45, two red faces and smelly boys walked through the door with dinner. Must I mention that Sunshine School was the next day and we were in no way ready for bed yet? We finally got Riles settled down and in his bed at 10:45 and he laid there with me and fell right to sleep! So much for transitions! He was right at home in that bed and loves it!




Needless to say that we are tired today and are chillin'. Today is the first day for a nap in the new bed and Kylie wanted to read him two books. He watched her and listened really well until he fell asleep halfway through the second book. She just HAD to finish it, though and we left him sound asleep. Pretty cool weekend!!

6 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Kids continually surprise me -- things I think will be a big deal (moving to a big boy bed) are not and things that I think will be easy (having a purple sippy cup instead of his favorite red one) become difficult.

There is no predicting, that's for sure!

Glad he is doing great in the new bed! I know that is a relief for you.

mcjacobsjournal said...

That picture of Riley in his bed is AWESOME!! What a huge smile he has on his face. Those are my favorite kind of pictures right there.

I'm so glad that the transition has been easy. I'm with Kristen--the things you think will be tough are a piece of cake and then they get hung up on the craziest of things!

Y'all have a great week with lots of good sleep in BIG BOY BEDS!!

Erica said...

I love that Kylie was reading him stories at naptime. What a sweetie!! I can just see her now finishing the book before she would leave. What a good Big Sister:) I am so glad she has become so attached to Riles.

hollyfouts said...

Miller would LOVE that bed. I just went to a consignment store today where he saw a fire truck bed. I shopped while he played in the bed. Then I had to drag him out of that fire truck kicking and screaming to leave the store. Hope Riley continues o do great in his bed!

Alyssa said...

Yea Riley! His bed is so cute! I am so glad that he likes it :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the BIG BOY BED! That picture of Riley is ADORABLE! He is sooooo cute...
That is so sweet that Kylie is reading to him. What a good big sister she is...

Katina

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....