God has smiled on me
He has set me free
God has smiled on me
He's been good to me.
I still have this song in my head after church today and I just wanted to write the words down and remember them. It's great to look back on your life and see how much you have and how blessed we ALL are. It's been a great weekend!
Saturday was a date day for Alan and I and we really had a fun time together. We started out by working out together since we missed a 5K that we really wanted to go to but couldn't get it quite worked out. We then ran some errands and shopped for some special people in our lives and then came home to get ready for the BIG event. Alan had been telling me for weeks that his company wanted him to represent them by going to an annual B-B-Q! Fun for all! He told me little about the occasion. All I knew was that there would be food and he could bring only me. It slowly turned from an afternoon picnic to an evening affair. That bugs me when you only know half the story until like an hour before! I had a guy (Michael Taylor) invite me to a "fraternity" function at Harding and I didn't know it was a western affair until I got there in my tight jeans and trendy blouse. Never have I felt more embarassed!! Anyways, we got to the B-B-Q, ate, took part in a silent auction, watched the live auction, and met two couples at our table. We actually talked to them and had a great time!
The next morning we got ready for church and I actually got to go to class and hear the sermon without kids. It was nice. Alan and I have not been to class much lately. It seems that we don't have a certain someone (Erica) watching over us and calling us asking, "We missed you at church today. Is everything okay?" I'm not ashamed to say that we were not making a great effort to go every Sunday. It IS very hard to go with a two and a half year old that doesn't understand not to scream or run down to the pulpit at any given chance, but from what I have seen lately.........we are not the only family that struggles with this. AND, it IS better to go and have to take them to the Cry Room than to not go at all. Now, I didn't come up with this insight all on my own. After class today, we were sort of approached by two of the sweetest and genuine women in our class that I really adore (one is the wife to that Harding guy!) that wanted to let us know that we were missed and they really wanted to see more of us. It was the "intervention" that we needed to decide that missing wasn't really an option anymore. It really made our day and it was such a nice feeling to know that some people really take notice and are making a difference in our church! Thank you, girls! You both are really amazing!
After that pick-me-up, we headed over to McKinney to The Olive Garden for a good 'ole birthday celebration for my mother. The kids were so happy to see us as were Nana and Poppy! Riley ate about ten breadsticks and Kylie ate her fettucini. We went to my parents house afterwards for cake, gifts,and visiting with family then made the journey home to prepare for Western Day tomorrow at Sunshine School!
So far, this week has been great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
3 comments:
I am glad that you realize that others miss and care about you too. You are an amazing family...just look at the company you keep:) Thank those two sweet girls for me.
Glad you got to have some time with Alan. It is so nice to have a date...I should have valued those more before we had children. Hug Kylie & Riley for me!
We almost went to PC Sunday. We just couldn't drag ourselves out of bed at the ridiculous hour that we would have had to get up to get there. Man, I really miss the singing. Wish we would have gone!
We were glad you were back in class too -- although we seem to be so sporadic with sick kids these days, that we have been gone a lot too!
Sounds like a fun date weekend too with Alan...you can't beat fun times with your best friend!
Post a Comment