4.15.2006

Happy Easter!

We have had a fun and busy Good Friday/Easter weekend round here. We actually accomplished most of the things on my list. The BIG task this weekend was painting mine and Alan's bedroom. The room was white with graffiti on the walls before we started. (Riley had gotten some blue and black dry-erase markers from his big sister!) I had wanted our bedroom painted for some time now and it is all finished and tan and beautiful! We couldn't have finished, however if Nana and Poppy hadn't taken the kids to eat lunch and to the park. It was a little easier getting things done without them tearing up the house or wanting me to wait on them hand and foot. Thank you so much, Nana and Poppy!




Next, Alan decorated Easter Eggs with the kids. Well, just Kylie. Riles was too busy playing with his new playdough. Alan is the perfect Easter Egg dyer. He is so patient with Kylie and it was so fun to watch the two of them having a great time dying eggs and putting stickers on them. He also had a big smile on his face while he was making the Star Wars eggs from the kit that I bought him. Such a little boy at heart!







We are really excited about tomorrow and the kids have new Easter outfits, courtesy of Meemaw and Peepaw. They look so sweet! I cannot wait to get a picture of them. I'm still up baking and we have to wake up really early for church and lunch with the family but I just had to get a story in. Here goes:

While I was at the store, Alan had tivo'd the Ten Commandments for he and I to watch later while the kids were in bed. Kylie came in while he was setting it up and she asked him, "Daddy, what are you watching?" He said, "It's a movie called the Ten Commandments." Kylie said, "Hmmm...Ten Commandments. I know those..... Don't steal, Remember the Worship Day, Don't kill........" The list goes on and on until she says all ten! We were really amazed at her. I mean, we knew she learned them in Sunday School, they learned motions too. But that was way before Christmas!! We were so proud that she still remembered them. Just when we were thinking that she should win the Nobel Prize, she hits us hard with this one. I was in the kitchen and she was watching me. We were making small talk and I started talking about Easter. I asked her if she knew who we were celebrating? "Do you know who rose from the dead?" "Yes! she said, The Easter Bunny!"

5 comments:

Erica said...

Tell Kylie what a "smarty" I think she is all the time. I am so proud that she knew her Ten Commandments. These girls constantly amaze me. I love her "Easter Bunny" answer. You have two precious children.

I cannot wait to see the room! I bet it looks beautiful. I am looking forward to their Easter picture. Love ya!!

hollyfouts said...

WOW! I can't believe she remembered all ten commandments. She is a smarty. Even if she does think that the Easter Bunny rose from the dead. That is too cute:)

Alyssa said...

Wow Kylie! What a smart little girl! I also love the Easter Bunny tie in :)

Amber Smith said...

It is amazing what those little minds can hold! I love it that she thought the Easter bunny rose from the dead! Hilarious!

courtney said...

I'm impressed; I can't believe she could recall all of the Ten Commandments! Too cute that she said the Easter Bunny rose from the dead!

You'll have to post pictures of Kylie and Riley in their Easter clothes!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....