4.04.2006

Movin' On Up

I am so happy to report that Alan has gotten a promotion at work! It's long overdue but very welcomed! He has been working so hard and I am so happy that it has actually paid off. I'm very proud of him and look forward to not seeing him even more at home......just kidding, baby!

In other news, Alan and I met some friends for a night out this weekend. We hardly ever go out with another couple (we are loners) but had a great time catching up and laughing all night. The next day, I decided to treat myself to a spa pedicure and I much needed haircut. Both treatments were AWFUL!! The spa pedi was done by a guy who didn't speak ANY English! I had to end up telling the manager that I wasn't happy with my American pedicure because it was too light and he said, "Okay, I take five dollar off!" I said, "NO! I want it done right. If you can't do an American manicure the right way, then give me a French manicure!" It is good to note here that I almost NEVER complain at public places unless I am really feeling taken advantage of!! The American receptionist turned to me and said, "I don't blame you. That looks awful!" What is it with customer service these days???? Has it just gone out the window? I remember when I waited tables the customer was always right!! I guess it was because I worked for Americans. I'm sorry, I'm just really mad right now.

The other experience was when I went to get my hair cut. I didn't want to make an appointment with my regular hairdresser so I went down the street to a new place. The lady cut it and then said, "Do you want me to flip it up or curl it under?" I said, "I don't want you to flip it up OR curl it under". Thinking that she would just blowdry it straight, she didn't stop there. She called her sixteen year old daughter in to flat iron it which took about forty five minutes. So, I got to engage in lots of teenage talk. Fun. Alan liked the look but I am not sure that I want to do that every morning.

Saturday night we finally had my last birthday celebration with my family. I got lots of nice presents and got to spend some time with them. The kids also had a great time and showed off for everyone. Kylie cried when we had to leave. She really wanted to spend the night again. I can't wait for next weekend to get here. Daylight savings always messes up our sleep schedule and me and the kids are bearly hanging on today. After all, I did stay up and watch the final four game and celebration after Florida won. Now I'm sad that it's all over. What???????

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

March Madness gets your everytime :) Just kidding!

Erica said...

Congrats to Alan!!! It is so nice to know that your husband is appreciated.

I am glad you had a good family dinner. Your parents are so precious.

Hope the rest of your week goes well!! Talk to you soon.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....