
Well today was the first day that we had all been out of the house since Thursday. Thursday night is when I got "the bug". It was the worst stomach virus in the history of the world. I got sick that night and am still feeling queasy. Alan and Kylie got sick on Saturday night. And Riley just had a little bit of diarrhea on Friday. One of the worst parts for me (since I panic when someone else throws up) was taking care of Kylie by myself and listening for Riley to be sick all night. I got NO sleep when I should have been resting my body from being sick and dehydrated. But, Kylie did great and was so brave. I was very proud of her. At about 4am during Toy Story 2 she looked at me and said, "Mommy, thanks for helping me tonight". I wanted to melt.
Our trip to Arkansas was ruined and the kids were sad that they didn't get to see Meemaw, Peepaw and Essie. I am also sorry to Honey for being a "no show" on Sunday morning :( and leaving her to a class by herself.
So, today we had to hit the mall in a short time, get Riley a few presents, and then boogie over to my parents for his 3rd birthday. My little monkey loves Curious George so that is the party that we threw for him. He was a little out of sorts, but we had a fun party nevertheless. He asked Poppy to push him in his favorite car and of course Poppy obliged. The BEST part was him blowing out his birthday candles. Yea, Riley! Also, it's always so much fun when we get to see my family and visit. We got to hear about Gary and Carolyn's trip and get goodies. Carolyn is always so thoughtful to think of us! Gary too.





While we were at the mall, Kylie found the Halloween costume of her dreams. First she wanted to be Wonder Woman, then she saw a $100 witch costume at PB Kids that she REALLY wanted to be (I said "NO!"), next she found the one. Here it is and she still hasn't taken it off. Go Jasmine!


Also, on Riley's birthday was my parent's 40 Anniversary! Amazing that two people have been together and happy that long. They are wonderful examples to me and my brothers and I can't imagine my life today without these special people guiding me and loving me for who I am. I love you. Mom and Dad. Thank you for all that you do for me and my family!
1 comment:
I had the same thing, Traci!! The stomach bug thing hit me on Wednesday night (which is why I wasn't at school on Thursday). That was NOT fun!!
I'm so glad that Riley had such a fun party and that you were all feeling better by then. Curious George is the CUTEST party theme and it looked like it was so much fun.
I also just read your birthday post to your big boy and it made me cry. You are the sweetest loving mommy and he will TREASURE that someday. :)
Post a Comment