9.02.2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RILEY ROO!!


Dear Riley,
Happy Birthday to my sweet little monkey! I cannot believe that you are turning three years old today! It seems like it was just yesterday that Josh Smith prayed for a safe delivery on September 2 instead of September 3rd. Little did we know that you were sticking to that promise and on Labor Day night you gave me a sign to go to the hospital...STAT! The doctors kept me and decided to deliver you and at 7:23 am God entrusted your Daddy and I to one of the most challenging and rewarding tasks that we would ever take on in our lifetime.


You were the most handsome little boy that I had ever laid eyes on. I fell in love with you immediately as did your Dad and sister, Kylie. You have always been the star of our family, demanding attention and the right to be heard. Kylie didn't know quite what to think of someone else in the house crying for something. You have puzzled and worried us yet filled us with love and patience.



I will always remember how sweet your hugs are and how much love I see when I look into your eyes. I love our nightly rituals and how much you want me to stay with you in your bed until you fall asleep. Now that you have started talking, we are amazed and intrigued at how much you can learn given time and hard work. I am fairly confident that you will read this letter someday and talk with me about how hard it was to be understood in the "early days".


You will always be my little boy and I will always hurt for you when things don't go your way. I will be with you through the good and the bad and I will protect you and provide for you. I really didn't know what God was thinking when he chose me to be your Mom. I do know that if he wanted someone who would smother you with love no matter what... he picked the perfect person. Because my love for you knows no end.


Love,

Mommy

3 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Happy B-day, Riley! Hope you had lots of fun celebrating your little boy this weekend!

Amber Smith said...

Traci-
That was so precious! Riley is one blessed little boy to have a caring and loving mother like you. Happy Birthday Riley!

Amber :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Riley!

Give your precious Mommy a big hug and a kiss! (Traci...what a sweet blog. You are a GREAT mom!)

Katina

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....