For the first time in almost a year, Alan and I are going to take the plunge Saturday morning and run (I use that term loosely) in the Mardi Gras 2 Mile Run at The Hard Rock Cafe in Dallas. The last time that we participated in a 5K was in the St. Paddy's Day Dash last March and I didn't do so well then, either. That's when I got lapped by a big banana and other outlandish objects/people. It was also the race where Alan and I were the only ones that didn't wear green. We will be more than ready this year, though.
I am only writing to you, my fans, and letting you know this because when it comes morning and I am cozy in my electric blanket and the thermastat says 30 degrees outside, I am going to be tempted to stay in that bed. Maybe if I have some people rooting for me, I will be sure to get up and get to workin' on my fitness!
One reason that Alan and I like doing these 5K's is not only to feel and be a little healthier, it's also the cause behind the race. Our first race was a Race For The Cure and since my grandmother had breast cancer, we got to wear a sign that said, "Running for Bea Davis" and it made the race so special and so worth finishing.
The St. Paddy's Day Race benefits The Autism Treatment Center and you must know that the cause is near and dear to our hearts. ;)
I hope to see every one of my blogger friends there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
3 comments:
Good luck to you, Traci! I applaud your committment and determination since it's been SO cold lately.
We used to run the Dash Down Greenville every year (until last year when I was 8 mos pregnant during the event). Two years ago I TOO got passed by the giant banana man. However, he was running (and talking--I hate people that can run and talk) with a man dressed as a giant Jamba Juice cup. I was so mad. I had "trained" for two months to run every bit of the 5 kilometers and here I was getting passed by mascots! I just wanted to go sit on the curb and cry....and maybe cuss a bit, too. ;)
At any rate, good luck!
Traci, I'll totally be rooting for you tomorrow morning - in spirit! I'll send you warm thoughts! Have fun and keep up the hard work. I know it's a lot of work. Good Luck - Amber
Courtney-
Alan and I belly laughed at your comment because we remember that Jamba Juice cup, too! I had forgotten!!!
I love how you say "mascots"! So true! Maybe we will see you this year at the St. Paddys run.
Post a Comment