2.04.2007

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY

We are not doing anything this Superbowl Sunday because Riley is cranky times two and has slept like a bear all afternoon and I have a big headache. I did get out of bed to make Alan and the kids some 7 Layer Dip and brownies, though. We are missing a great party and that makes me really sad. Since I have grown up with all things football I really miss celebrating with my family and friends on Superbowl Sunday. But I got a super dose of friends this weekend at our Ladies Retreat! And the extra great news is....................

I FOUND MY CHARM BRACELET!!!

One nugget that I took away from the Ladies Retreat is this:

It is never okay to say disrespectful or hurtful things to anyone.

This was going through my head yesterday as I almost argued with the hotel manager for not finding my bracelet. I was so sure that it was left on the table and thrown away and/or picked up by someone working. But, I remembered these words, calmly told him that it was my fault for taking it off and leaving it, and left my name and number for him to call if it was found. My mom always says that you catch more flies with honey and I am finally admitting that maybe my mom knows more than I thought growing up.



Riley's favorite nap spot


Kylie's favorite activity

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad that you found it! It was really bothering me on Saturday, so I'm glad that the mystery is solved. I love your story of taking the high road at the hotel...the fact that you found your bracelet was kharma rewarding you. :-)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....