7.26.2008

Italian Quiche

1 pie crust (9 inch size) -- deep dish
6 eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup onion -- chopped
8 ounces mushrooms -- fresh, sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese -- shredded
1 1/2 cup half and half
1 cup tomatoes -- fresh, diced
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350. Pre-bake pastry shell 10 minutes.

In large bowl, beat eggs and add sour cream. Heat butter in small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions 1 to 2 minutes, then add mushrooms. Saute until onions are translucent and mushrooms are softened.

Add onion, mushrooms, cheeses, milk, tomatoes, basil, and salt to eggs; mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....