7.21.2008

Weekend Of Rock

We had a really busy weekend! Keith and Nancy came in for Kylie’s birthday since they couldn’t come last weekend. Aunt Melba had emergency heart surgery and they went up to Bentonville to make sure that she was okay. She’s doing better now and we are all so thankful. Alan and I can’t wait to play more games with Aunt Melba and Nancy this Thanksgiving.

So, Meemaw and Peepaw came in Thursday night and gave Kylie her crate- load of paper that they give her at her birthday and Christmas. Nancy also found a copy of Miss Suzy, a book that she used to read to Alan when he was little. It’s a cute little book and a very thoughtful present,

Friday morning we woke up....HOT!! The a/c had gone out, it was 8 in the morn, and I was already miserable. I’ve never had to rough it without cool air and I don’t plan on starting now! Nancy went outside to look at the generator and the nice neighbor from across the street came over to see if she needed any help. It appears that he had a background in handyman work so he told us a part to buy for under $20 and helped us install it. We were sitting pretty by 3pm! This guy is a great neighbor to have around. Seems that he was the one to call the Fire Department over Christmas because our fire alarm wouldn’t stop alarming!! Imagine us coming home from Arkansas with a sweet little note from the Fire Chief on our counter and a disabled fire alarm. Our neighbor and his wife stopped over after dinner and I think he’s going to use Keith and Nancy’s cabin to go hunting in a few weeks. Timing was definitely on our side!

Saturday morning Keith, Alan, Kylie and I went to Guitar Center to pick out Kylie’s birthday present. Meemaw and Peepaw got her piano lessons for her birthday and wanted her to have something to practice with. We picked out a weighted 88 key digital piano and Kylie has been banging on it all weekend. She even wrote some music to go with it. Notes on a piece of paper- not bad for a beginner!

Meemaw and Peepaw left Saturday afternoon and that night our family had a shower for Jeff, Kyri, and baby Charlie. You can read all about that on their new blog that I designed www.jeffkyriandcharlie.blogspot.com

Yesterday I had a colonoscopy and don’t believe them when they say “it’s no big deal!” I would rather have given childbirth than to go through that prep the night before!! I sent Alan and the kids out of the house. My mom and dad were kind enough to keep the kids and Alan took himself to the movies to see “The Dark Knight”. I was glad that he wasn’t there until I need a drink with some ice.

The hospital visit itself was not bad at all but I still won’t EVER do it again. Watch me get the throw-up virus next week!

The kids did great with my parents. They went swimming at Ninni and BoBo’s and the next morning ate breakfast outside. My mom said that it was nice until Kylie said, “Let’s go inside. It’s too freakin’ hot out here!” I got in bad trouble with my mom over that one! :(

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....