Kylie was off to 1st Grade by 7:15 this morning. Yeah, that's right- our school starts at 7:30 in the morning! That's a HUGE adjustment for us but we weren't tardy on the first day!!
She is so excited about being a big 1st grader. We went to Meet The Teacher night on Friday night and met her teacher, who is new to the district and really sweet! We also found out that she had a locker instead of a cubby, real desks instead of a table, and Katelyn was in her class again this year. How random is that? We couldn't have requested that they be in the same class both years but it happened! I think she is going to have a great year.
I had her outfit all picked out and she didn't even complain. In fact, she said, "I'm going to wear my hair in a headband because that will look SO 1st grade!"
Alan, Riley, and I walked her in to school and they ushered all the kids into the gym. Kylie couldn't wait to get rid of us- she quickly found some friends and told us goodbye. We stayed in the hall and as they walked by, I got a pic of her and her teacher, Mrs. G. I'm glad that it happened that way because she would have been really angry if we had followed to her class to get a picture!
I'm thinking of all my friend's that have kids who are going to school for the first time this morning. It was so hard to let Kylie go last year- I remember holding it together until I got in the car last year to go home. Then I called my Mom and was better. This year, I was an old pro! No crying or even tearing up. Yea for me!
I wanted to put some pictures of Kylie's last summer weekend on here. She has been begging Ninni and BoBo for weeks to help her make an "Ace of Cakes" with her. She loves to watch Ace of Cakes with me and we sit and marvel at all the fabulous cakes that they make. It's one of our favorite shows!
Well, it just so happens that BoBo is going to pastry school and can make awesome cakes, too, so Kylie picked up on that and asked BoBo to help her make a Gumball Cake like Ace did a few weeks back. Ninni and BoBo were kind enough to plan the night and Kylie was so excited she couldn't even sleep the night before!
Here's Ace's Gumball cake (or one off the internet that is close to it!):
And here is Kylie and BoBo's gumball cake!
Isn't it so cute? BoBo planned out the cake and Ninni said that she made Kylie do all the work like cracking the eggs, pouring the mixture, and putting each and every gumdrop on! Thank you so much, Ninni and BoBo. I'll bet that was one of the best parts of summer for Kylie and she will never forget it! I think she's planning another one real soon! :)


9 comments:
OK, first, Kylie is so precious in her first grade outfit! She is going to have a great year.
Second, the "Ace of Cakes" turned out so professional. Tell Kylie it looks yummy! And I didn't tear up this year either! Yea, for us!
I had so much fun making that cake with Kylie!!! The best phrase was when i tried to show her how to ice the cake was "ok BOBo, but i know what i am doing" Oh to be 7 years old again. She is so talented!!!!
Kylie looks so cute in her outfit and headband. It is good to know that 1st grade is easier than kindergarten. I have been getting so weepy reading all of these back to school blogs (the hormones I am sure). I am glad to know it gets better.
Kylie looks so 1st grade...so cute! I love her outfit as usual:) I cannot believe our girls are so big already. I have been praying for a great first day for her. Give her our love.
By the way BoBo and Kylie make a super cake team. What creativity!! Kaylee would totally want to do that...she loves almost every show on the Food Network.
she looks so adorable going to first grade! she looks like she was just as excited about it as landry was!
i'm super impressed by the gumball cake!! to me, it looks yummier than the "ace of cakes" cake!
thank you for the sweet comment. I was thinking about you too this morning!
Kylie looks so cute and I'm so glad you didn't tear up. Yea for you! I'm hoping that next year will be exactly like that for me!!
How cute is that! I LOVE the cake. What a great idea! It doesn't get much better than that for a kid. I just love letting the kids get in the kitchen and bake.. or at least help. In fact they want to practice making a football cake today. She is adorable! thanks for sharing. Dropping by from Leigh Ann's blog! :)
I'm glad the first day of school went so well- Kylie looks very happy!
As for the cake- super cute!
You can tell her I would have mistaken her for a SECOND grader with that headband! :) Very cute, I love that story.
Post a Comment