This is my grandmother Bea's recipe for ham. Beady always cooked by the seat of her pants. She threw in a little of this and a little of that and 9 times out of 10 it was different each time, but still great! My aunts and mom got her to sit down and tell them some recipes a couple of years before she started to deteriorate with Alzheimer's. I am so glad that they did because now we can carry on her cooking legacy during the holidays.
My sister in law, Carolyn, took all these special recipes and put them into book and gave each of us a copy one year. I keep it handy all throughout the year because it is filled with good eats and good memories!
This recipe is simple yet so tasty if it is done right!
Small ham
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 cup brown sugar
Drain pineapple and save the juice. With the ham in a baking dish, put the crushed pineapple on the ham. Mix the brown sugar and pineapple juice to make a paste. Spread the paste on the ham. Cover with foil and cook in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Turn the ham over and cook for another hour. Keep the juice. As you cut the ham, dip each slice in the juice and let the juice drain off the slice. Put on plate and serve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
No comments:
Post a Comment