11.19.2008

Kylie and Christmas


I am always amazed at my sweet little girl when Christmas time is upon us. She is always content with what she has and never really asks for much. She likes to look for things to get Riley and she is not selfish at all. Until this year! 

Now it is all about the toy catalogs on Sunday and her Santa list. She has written at least six revised copies for the poor guy. On each letter she puts, "I've been a good girl!" in big letters! She even said that she likes Target's catalog better than the one daddy works at because they have more Barbie stuff! I am stating for the record that Target doesn't really have more Barbie stuff! That's because Mrs. Claus already found most of the Barbie items on her list at the other store! 

So, here is her Santa List that she would die about if she knew that I knew about! For some reason, when you write a letter to Santa, it's supposed to be taped up and Mommy and Daddy can't know what you're asking for. I am all prepared to give her the "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" speech before Christmas comes and she's complaining about what she didn't get......cause there's a lot of stuff on this list!

Here is the list written exactly like she wrote to Santa:

Christmas List
1. Kelsey and Ryan High School Musical Prom Date Barbies
2. Chad and Taylor HSM Prom Date Barbies
3. Sharpay and Zeeke HSM Prom Date Barbies
4. Gabrielle and Troy, you guessed it, HSM Prom Date Barbies
5. HSM Doll House which is a school
6. Hannah Montana Doll House and Rockstar
7. Hannah Montana Barbie Doll 
8. Diamond Castle Barbie Dolls- notice the dollssssss
9. Diamond Castle where they live
10. Barbie Party Cruise Boat
11. Barbie Holiday one with white dress
12. Little Pet Shop Carrying Case
13. Barbie Candy Glam Doll with brown hair and purple shirt
14. Mermaid Barbie with blue hair and purple tail
15. I Love Lucy & Ethel Candy Shop Barbies (She previously called these the "Cafeteria Ladies Barbie Dolls)
16. Goldfish in tank
17. Swingset with green and tree house with windows
18. Jesus and Moses doll
19. All About Chart with ABC's (at the teacher store)???
20. Mia the American Girl Doll

Do you see a trend here? It's Barbies, Barbies, Barbies 24-7 with that girl! I loved Barbies, too, but I didn't have more than 50 when I was younger! I'm starting to think that my little princess is a little spoiled.

Anyway, I love having a little girl to buy Christmas gifts for. It makes me think back on my favorite Christmas gifts while growing up. While you may already know that it was the Singing Machine from QVC, another favorite was my Barbie airplane. I loved it so much! I loved pretending that my barbies were going on a trip and I even loved the smell of it! Just a little flashback into the 70's for ya! 

3 comments:

courtney said...

wow! that's a lot of barbies!

i was never into barbies growing up, and landry isn't either. of course, she has things on her christmas list that i would have never wanted---like a light saber. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Hey Traci!
I am sorry you guys have been sick! I hope that Riles gets over this new sickness very quickly.
I can't believe Kylie and all the Barbies! I never was a Barbie girl. I had "Lammie-Pie" and the "Spinny-faced doll"! :-)
You are right, dear. McKinney will always be "Home"! We (Texas) claim you!!!
Love ya,
Katina

Lorrie Veasey said...

The best thing about the Barbies on her list is: you don't have to remember to feed them! (They are all bulimic anyway. ) It's another story when it comes to that goldfish....which surely could not survive a trip on Santa's sleigh all the way from the North pole.

So sayeth the mom that had a Japanese Fighting Fish live FOR THREE YEARS.
.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....