Kylie started off to school in her costume and still had it on when I went to pick her up from school. Shocker! She was a dog this year. Nana found her costume at Tuesday Morning and if it wasn't for her, I would have been at the store on Thursday night trying to find something last minute. I'm not a big, "Let's find a costume for you this year" girl. I don't like to dress up and I expect Kylie to tell me who she wants to be if she wants to dress up at all. I would be fine just going to a movie with the kids or bowling on Halloween night. That's just crazy me, though.
After I picked Kylie up from school, me and the kids went to Alan's work for a HUGE Halloween treat. All of the people decorate and dress up for the kids to come and trick or treat. Alan had been working hard with his team on a Spongebob Squarepants theme. Alan didn't get to dress up because of all the drama we have been through lately but the rest of his team looked great! Here is what they worked so hard on:
Sick Riley in his Halloween shirt
I can't post any pictures of the people that dressed up without consent but let me just say that it was a sight to be seen. Everyone from The Little Mermaid to The Joker was present. The kids even saw Santa Claus. Kylie whispered to me, "That must just be his helper!" Funny.
That night we went to the Halloween Carnival at Aunt Melba's church in the life center. Kylie ran to find her cousins, Jenna and Jaydon and we didn't see much of her until it was over. Riley sat with us and ate Kylie's popcorn. He would venture out a little per Jenna's insistence, but he really wanted to stay close to Mommy.
It seems like we are fitting in pretty well here. My favorite part of the day is driving through the hilly roads looking at all the beautiful colors while taking the kids to school. I have never seen such beautiful trees in the fall. I can't wait for my family to come up here for a visit! :)
Today is Mommy/Kylie day. Since I spent the week at home with Riley, the jealous one wants me all to herself and I am looking forward to spending time with her, too. We are going to see High School Musical 3 and hang around at the mall for a while. Alan and Riley are going to break down the boxes and make the garage look decent since that's the only room out of order.
Hope everyone has a safe Halloween weekend!
4 comments:
Kylie looks so cute as a puppy! Sorry Riley had to miss out on his school party Friday. Sounds like Alan's work really gets into the holidays:-) How fun!
The girls and I are going to HSM3 today too! Have a great weekend.
Kylie makes a great looking doog! I bet Daisy dog was jealous :) Poor lil Riles...hope he's better today. Amazing how much more the American companies celebrate Halloween than the Japanese, huh?
Glad you and the kiddos are adapting well to the Hills.
Kylie looks adorable!!! Sorry about poor Riley... Lauren still gets croup sometimes and it makes me so sad. Glad you are adjusting to your new life... I love reading about it!
Traci--
I am soooo happy for you and your family that you found such a wonderful new place to move to! It looks like the kids are adjusting well. BTW, I absolutely love Kylie's costume! So cute!
Post a Comment