11.17.2008

Anniversary and Sickness


Last Thursday was mine and Alan's 9th Anniversary! Too bad I was sick and on strong medicine all week. :(  Alan took it upon himself to find a babysitter and take me out to dinner. Aunt Donna kept the kids for us and Kylie was mad when we showed up to get them an hour and a half later. She loves her cousins, Jenna and Jaydon and was wanting to spend way more time with them. Riley came straight up to me and said, "Go home, bed!", with the sleepiest eyes ever!

Alan took me to eat sushi (big surprise for all who know us) at one of the best sushi places that I have ever eaten at. No lie, who would have thought that a little dive in Arkansas would be on my top ten eatery list? Then we walked around the big outdoor mall and I was ready to come home and get back in bed.....alone! How sad! 

We've really been hit hard with sickness in this new house. The first week was Riley, the second week was Kylie, last week was my turn, and yesterday Riley started with the fever again! That's why I am on the computer all day. He's watching Nemo and content. Kylie hates to go to school when Riley doesn't because she thinks he gets to, "Stay home with mommy and have all the fun!" I bribed her with painting a little wooden Nutcracker that I scored from Hobby Lobby when she gets home from school.

This weekend, we cleaned out the garage and made room for the van to fit into it. I was getting tired of boxes galore in there and having to warm up the van and scrape ice off of it in the mornings. How spoiled am I?

Since we haven't put boxes in the attic yet, we got the Christmas stuff out and put it up as well. This is also the last week we can decorate until close to Christmas. Kylie had so much fun putting all the ornaments on the tree. She pulled each one out of the box and told a story about it. I love that sentimental girl!



This is the last week of school before Thanksgiving Break. The kids and I get to go to McKinney (home) this weekend while Alan has to work next week. We are going to spend lots of time with Nana and Poppy and also get the things we left behind in our house. Then we will travel to Little Rock to be with Alan's family for Thanksgiving. Exciting holiday times are coming!!

I say that McKinney is home and Alan corrects me, "No, this is your home!" I argue, "No, this is where I live. McKinney will always be home to me!"  Am I right? Does anyone else feel this way about your hometown?

6 comments:

Tracey said...

I feel the same way, when we lived in Arizona I always said home was Dallas!
I love Daisy's stocking!
The fireplace looks great.
You are making me want to get out all my Christmas decor.
Be safe driving.

Michael Ann said...

Yes, I was that way too! I am glad that you are liking it here, but am so sorry ya'll have been sick. We've been out of town too and have wanted to get together with ya'll, but sounds like you've been out of town or sick anyway. I do want to get together after the holidays. Be safe driving to big D next week and eats lots of turkey! Happy anniversary...where did you eat BTW? Was it Shogun??

Traci said...

No, mikey. It was a little dive on the other side of town! I wanna see you soon!:)

Alyssa said...

Happy Anniversary! We are Nov anniversary people too.. it is always a crazy time for an anniversary- but it was a great time for a wedding!

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear that you are sick, but glad to hear things are settling after your move! Our poor littls small group scattered its people ALL over, didn't it:)

Just a little note about home - I call where my parents live home. And I didn't even grow up there. But it is still home!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dallas said...

OKay, I just looked at your blog. I emailed you and asked the ages of your kids. Obviously, they are much older than mine :). Glad you are liking it here. This is a great time of year to make the move. Everything is beautiful! Does your some go to Elm Tree Elementary? My good friend, Tanya Sharp, is the principal there. Just wondering because they have an AWESOME autisim program there.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....