10.04.2005

First Time Poster


So, I finally ask my friend, Erica, what all this blog nonsense is that she has been telling me about for WEEKS and so now I'm doing it. I think this is a great way for me to brag on my sweet little children and also to vent about Riley's speech and play therapy. Today was not a great day with the play therapist, Colleen. Riley didn't talk a whole lot or even want to participate in the games that she was initiating. SO, when she was writing her report on how things went, he was playing and clapping with Grey and yelling his name. So frustrating!!! They come twice a week and so far he is gettting pretty comfortable with them. He really likes the speech therapist, Dara and does well for her. Alan thinks it's because she is really pretty. He's so clueless sometimes. They want us to keep initiating games for Riley so that he will want to play with us and other children. Some days I see a lot of progress and he uses words with me and other days he is really quiet and clingy. Alan and I are praying that we start to see more progress each week. Alan is more hopeful than I am. But, we love him for who he is and as long as he is happy and healthy, I can't really ask for anything more!

5 comments:

Erica said...

Welcome to blogging!! I love your family and look forward to telephone updates as well as ones on the blog. You are doing great so far!

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture of Riley!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Traci!

I didn't know you had started blogging! I'm so excited to keep up with you and your cuties!! I had no idea that Riley was seeing a play therapist! (That's what I did in my former life before kids...) So, we'll have to chat about that sometime!!

Your kids are precious and I love all your pictures! I'm so glad to have another blogging friend!!

Anonymous said...

Try not to get discouraged when Riley has a bad day with the therapists. He seems to have a lot more good ones and for this, we are thankful! I think he's coming along great. Mom

Traci said...

I'm glad I have my mom to scold me on my own blog :)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....