
This weekend was all about The Memory Walk. My sister in law, Carolyn, organized family participation in an Alzheimer's walk in Mckinney in honor of my sweet grandmother, Beady. Mom, Dad, Gary, Carolyn, Kyri, Jeff, Alan, the kids, my mother in-law Nancy and I all walked three miles for the cause. It took about an hour but we were all so busy talking that it flew by. Alan pushed the kids in the stroller and they were happy the whole time! Afterwards, we went to Gary and Carolyn's house for brunch and it was delicious. Kylie likes their new cat, Lexie and had fun singing and talking to her.
I went to a Bazaar with my friend, Stephanie and her precious daughter, Kamdyn Saturday afternoon. We had so much fun looking and buying. There were so many cute things there. I have some really talented friends!! I met up with Alan, Keith and Nancy and the kids for dinner at Chipotle that night. They had gone shopping for the kids and for Alan's birthday.
Sunday was church and lazyness after that. I swear that everyone in the house had the longest nap. We were all exhausted! Now the holidays are approaching and I know that we are going to be super-busy!
And now on to Riley.......Riles had a rash this week so we went to see the "highly recommended doctor" that my friends all swear by for the first time. Well, it was after Sunshine School and Riley had only a small nap after waking up all night and was beyond over-stimulated in the office. I told the doctor that we had him in therapy and he reassured me that we were doing the right thing. You could tell that he was concerned about Riley and although it hurt to think that my worst fears are realized, I'm glad that someone cares enough to be concerned and is not just overlooking the fact that Riley is not acting appropriately in some situations. It hit me really hard this summer that Riley might be on the Autistic Spectrum but now I feel strong enough to face it and I want him to have all the therapy he can so that it might make a difference in the long run. He is doing well in therapy and Alan and I are praying that Riley will learn to communicate more each day. I have never prayed so much in my life as I have with this little boy. He has been a challenge from day one. I love his little smile and the way he pats my back and gives me sugar. I have a feeling that he is always going to be more than I can handle but I'm now ready for the challenge.
4 comments:
Traci,
You don't know me, but I found you through Kristen O'Quinn's blog.
I think we might feel your pain in regards to your son. Our son is hearing impaired and has challenges. My wife, Jenny, also taught children with autism for several years in Plano.
I haven;t read through all your messages and don't know exactly where you stand, but if you have any questions or just want to vent frustrations or concerns, please feel free to use us!
Brett Perkins - San Antonio
I forgot: jennyandbrett@yahoo.com
Just remember you are not alone in your prayers. We are all praying for the best for Riley. By the way I am convinced he said "Erica" on Monday. We will have to see on Thursday if he calls his favorite person's name. we love you guys!!
Tracer...I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of you, Alan, Kylie and little Riles! You don't give yourself enough credit for how strong you are! You have been so blessed with such two beautiful and wonderful kids. Riley might have some challenges ahead but with all the love that little fellow has, he'll do great. I love you all so very much and I am so proud to be your Aunt!
Post a Comment