10.12.2005

We Did It!!!!


Well, Mom and I did it. We finally finished something that we started. Mom came over today and we made the ruffles on the bottom of Kylie's overalls and are even making Riley some. Don't freak out...we're only putting a ghost on his and BOO! on his little bottom. The only person that is not happy is poor little Kylie. She managed a smile for the picture but is not very thrilled with the idea that these are her overalls and she might have to wear them. She is such a little tomboy!

I have just gotten over a stomach flu and am feeling SO much better. What is it with these viruses? Before I had kids, I hadn't thrown up like that since I was in middle school! I REMEMBER that, too. My mom felt so sorry for me that she came in my room and said, "If you feel like watching a movie later, there's one on HBO called, Valley Girl. Now it's a little risque in some places but I think you can handle it." That ended up being my favorite movie until about five years ago. Mom really knew how to make me feel better.

In other news, Riley didn't have speech today because Dara's son was sick. I'm kinda bummed about that but he talked a little today and sang "Cwinkle, cwinkle widdle tar." He will have play therapy on Friday so we will see how that goes.

Oh, and Kylie saw the Monarch butterflies outside today. We painted a picture of one and gave it to Poppy since he told us the story of the Monarch butterflies and when to look for them. I called to tell him tonight and he and Nana were at On The Border. Kylie asked where they were and I told her On The Border and she asked, "What border?" Don't you love kids? It really made me stop and smile.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Would you please make me some of those overalls and give them to me for a christmas present this year?

Traci said...

You can borrow Kylie's. I'm sure that she would give them up!

Erica said...

The overalls look great!!! I will have to get you to make some for my girls sometime. I knew you could do it!

Traci said...

aahhhh. That's why I love you, Erica!!

Anonymous said...

Traci, u r such a wonderful WIFE..how sweet what u wrote about Alan!! I was near tears and had chills everywhere. :)
The halloween pictures are so cute and funny..i loved the pics where Kylie was crying..i know i shouldn't, but it's cute!!! I miss you! I have to keep up w/you via your blog...guess i need to get one as well.
I luv ya'

Nicole

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....