
We had a GREAT weekend! Riley said his first recognizable phrase that some of my family heard as well. I mean, we didn't even have to GUESS what he said. And there have been more times, especially today, that I haven't doubted what he has said and it actually makes sense! Okay, we were at Nana and Poppy's house on Saturday for Aunt Becky's birthday party. Riley was getting into the Halloween candy and LOVING it! He was all about those Life Saver gummy chews. Anyway, I wouldn't give him another little pack until he said or signed more (which lately he has been saying 'want more' but I didn't put that together until last week) and he said very clearly "I WANT MORE"!!! Oh my gosh!! You should have heard the laughter and applause ring out. This was a huge step for little Riles. He is now saying "I don't" and shaking his head no for anything he doesn't want to do. He did this alot today. Especially when I loaded him up in the cart for a quick trip to Target. I absolutely need to have more faith in him and all that he is understanding. Alan totally has faith that he is going to 'get it' and I wish I was as strong in believing that too. My good friend, Erica reminded me the other day that he wasn't in a wheelchair and not to treat him as such. She is too right! Alan and I are so lucky to have friends and family that are simpathetic to this situation and who want the best for Riley. We are so thankful for all the support that we are given!
6 comments:
I am so excited for him (and for you guys too!). Way to go Riley!
That is exciting! Moms worry WAY to much. I always worry about Miller, and Lane is always saying Give him time, it's just a phase. I think it's harder on us since we are the ones that spend all day every day with them. And we are moms.....we are supposed to worry, right? I hope he continues to do GREAT!
Good job Riles!! Maybe your Mom will listen to me eventually and let you progress at your pace and stop worrying so much. I know you will continue to do super!
what a little smartie!! keep up the good work, riles
CONGRATS RILES!!! Traci, he is such a doll. You have a wonderful family...keep up the good work, sista!! Luv ya'..
Nicole
Shake those bleechers, Riles! The day of my party he also made a bargain with me, remember? When he wanted the balloon I told him if he'd go and eat his lunch as soon as he was finished I'd give him which ever balloon he wanted. He turned right around and went back to his chair got back up to the table and finished eating. When he was finished, he wanted his balloon. He knew exactly what I had asked him to do, he did it! What a great little guy he is!
Post a Comment